Isco

where does he play and who would he replace ? hes not a squad player. so does he replace the silvas or de bruyne?, sterling ? and it would mean basically foden having no chance at all of getting game time. i dont think hes needed tbh.

If a player of this calibre becomes available surely we should be in determined to get him. Seems to be able to create 2 yards of space from being tightly marked.
Potentially around 60 games in a season if we were able to get to the final of all competitions, so plenty of game time available for all players.
If we are going to challenge for all honours then 2 top class players are required for each position. Foden and Diaz are surely going to be utilised more next season (reducing over-use of usual 1st choice to give more recovery time where there is an excellent option will be positively welcomed by me).
I think watching Isco is seeing a player who is keen to perform at the highest level as 1st choice - unbelievable skill and ability.(We seriously lack a replica DS and KDB - wonder if he could cover both - seen all the fancy stuff but not his composure when pressed further down the pitch or if his passing ability is near KDB standards. Any youngsters can only benefit from having trained and played with him and David Silva - the potential result is frightening for any team facing us.
I would go all in if Isco is available (not even mentioned the Pep effect on his game). Would be a great signing and we should not let any other team get a look in.

How much would Isco cost. Any ideas on a realistic figure?

Would love him at City.

Trust in Pep regarding squad and match time for Foden & Diaz.

If you take into account they sold Morata , a squad player for them, for 70 million I would imagine somewhere between 80 or 110 million.

If this sounds ridiculous it's because it is. The transfer market has gone berserk. Any half decent player will be sold for a minimum of 50 million. Any quality player will go for over 100 million

where does he play and who would he replace ? hes not a squad player. so does he replace the silvas or de bruyne?, sterling ? and it would mean basically foden having no chance at all of getting game time. i dont think hes needed tbh.
Not arsed where we play him,play him at left back for all I care he’s one of the best players in the world at the minute.

The same thing could have been said if Sanchez came and how would you fit all these players in? I think Pep really wants quality players especially midfielders like Isco who is good on the ball. he even said he would play with 10 midfielders if possible. He'll fit them in and convince all the players they'll get game time. Pep looks at the opposition and might move players around even changing formations and positions they take up in every game. You could have one game where Silva and Isco play in the midfield with De Bruyne out to the right and switch positions. It might change from game to game. I think Pep loves players who can play in numerous positions. There will be times where our players get injured. Say if (hopefully it doesn't) De Bruyne were to suffer a long term injury. Then you're trying to rely on Gundogan and Silva for long periods. Although Bernardo can play there to me it's not the same with a Gundogan, Bernardo midfield in a game for example. Foden is talented, but still we have to remember he is quite young and needs time to develop. The team can still be strong, even with injuries, if good quality players are versatile and can shifted around.

He’s not fit to clean David Silva’s boots

Funnily enough, that’s my humble opinion too. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Merlin hangs up his boots at the end of this season.

Why on earth would Silva hang up his boots now ?

Playing some of the best football of his career in the best team he has ever played in and for the best manager in the world and having signed a contract extension 4 months ago keeping him here until 2020.

You're not talking sense.

He is the only one who could be David Silva's successor. Just imagine the cooperation of ISCO and KDB, wow

I think Foden should be out on loan next year, maybe the Championship. Think we'll get Isco and sign another forward, CM and possibly a young CB. I wonder if Pep trusts going into another season with Kompany as one of his 4 centrebacks, regardless of how he finishes out the season.

Ederson, Bravo
Stones, Kompany?, Otamendi, Laporte, +CB
Walker, Mendy, Maffeo, Delph (Zinchenko and Danilo out)
Fernandinho, +DM/CMD, DeBruyne, Silva, Isco, Gundogan (Yaya and Foden out)
Bernardo, Sterling, Sane, Aguero, Jesus, +FWD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.