Islam again.

TangerineSteve17 said:
jimharri said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
It's about time we give these people some unpopulated land where they can all live in peace and practise their laws, somewhere in Cumbria perhaps. I wonder how many would go and how many would stay.

And for those that do go, we should round them up and put them on a boat to a country more fitting for them. That way you lose the deadwood and keep the good.
And what has Cumbria ever done to you?

haha, nowt. But it's cold and floods a lot.
So does parts of Wales! Aren't some of the Outer Hebrides uninhabited?

More to the point, I share their apparent dislike for Stacey Dooley.

Where did she come from before she got all these BBC3 programmes? She seems to have little working knowledge of the stories she reports on, constantly gives arguments a sense of false balance, her 'investigative journalism' is just like her own personal soapbox and most of all she comes across as fundamentally unlikable and whiny.

I say send her back to where she came from. The Muslims can stay, they're alright by me.

In answer to your question Paphos, most people in the UK (younger people at least) will have friends who are Muslims or from a Muslim background. If you have the benefit of that experience, then you'll know they aren't some singular amorphous blob of scary foreigners. Their opinions on issues vary vastly from person to person, but rather than take each individual on their merits it's much easier for some to slap the label 'Muslim' on them and call them all evil and say we should get rid of them. Many people can't seem to get by in life until they've categorised everybody into neat little boxes.

I lose no sleep over this minority of people with extreme views. I think I'm more worried by the amount of influence the media has over people's opinions on issues like immigration and human rights. Alas it was ever thus.

SkyBlueFlux said:
I say send her back to where she came from. The Muslims can stay, they're alright by me.

Even these lunatics? The fact that they're Muslims doesn't matter. Anyone who hates the UK, "UK go to hell" can go and find somewhere else to live.

SkyBlueFlux said:

Where did she come from before she got all these BBC3 programmes? She seems to have little working knowledge of the stories she reports on, constantly gives arguments a sense of false balance, her 'investigative journalism' is just like her own personal soapbox and most of all she comes across as fundamentally unlikable and whiny.

In answer to your question Paphos, most people in the UK (younger people at least) will have friends who are Muslims or from a Muslim background. If you have the benefit of that experience, then you'll know they aren't some singular amorphous blob of scary foreigners. Their opinions on issues vary vastly from person to person, but rather than take each individual on their merits it's much easier for some to slap the label 'Muslim' on them and call them all evil and say we should get rid of them. Many people can't seem to get by in life until they've categorised everybody into neat little boxes.

I lose no sleep over this minority of people with extreme views. I think I'm more worried by the amount of influence the media has over people's opinions on issues like immigration and human rights. Alas it was ever thus.

Best post in thread.

TangerineSteve17 said:
SkyBlueFlux said:

Even these lunatics? The fact that they're Muslims doesn't matter. Anyone who hates the UK, "UK go to hell" can go and find somewhere else to live.

If they don't like the UK so much what are they doing here?

I know many Muslims and they are fine, extremely friendly no problems at all.

This lot can **** off.

SkyBlueFlux said:

Hope you're ok mate. Yeah, I have Muslim friends and to me they are decent, ordinary people. A couple over the northern side of Cyprus too. I've been out of the country for 10 years and before that as far as I can remember, none of these protests ever happened. The only mither was when Wilmslow Rd was closed for Eid, but hey, let them have their fun. Sure the protestors aren't causing any harm, everyone has free right. It just struck a nerve about the bloke forcing his religious opinion on that woman. I know there are a lot more people like him, and for me, he can fuck off.

As I said to Skash before, I wonder what your everyday normal working, praying Muslim would think of these protestors?

Ive seen that before, gets me upset and angry for the girl. Disgusting they say they dont give a fuck about our law and they're only bothered about what islam supposedly states.

Aphex said:
No wonder they are so angry. It's a hot day and they are wearing the completely wrong attire. Perhaps a shorts and t shirt combo would appease them?

I agree.

Wore a black T-shirt the other day in the sun and I was sweating like a scouser in comet. Fuck knows how hot it must be under those veils.

Ah well. Each to their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.