Islamic Terrorism: is religion/belief no matter how misguided, the main motivator?

That depends on your definition of 'no' :-)

I think you may be getting a little pedantic. Yes I think it probably has. No I can't give you any specific examples.
Oh that is just priceless...

I am so glad I`m an atheist.
Me too..it just saddens me greatly that we're in a minority.

If even just one of the groups happens to have been lucky enough to have plumped for a truly existent god(s), there are a large majority of deluded people on this planet who've wasted their lives praying to non existent ones...and of course a lot of killing because of it.

Then why does Christianity oppose homosexuality if that is the case?

It is there a sub clause that I missed?

You are doing what is the default pisition, edit and ignore. It's either all truly the word of God, that infallible being. Are you saying he had a reboot? Or it's all made up.

It's all man made. The differences show the different perspectives of men over the centuries, not God. He cannot make mistakes if he existed, which I don't believe he ever has.

Jesus also said I am the only way. If you don't accept me you are going to hell to burn forever.

How does that square will love on any level?

Their blind faith doesn't permit them to question the wisdom of being guided by books written by ill informed medieval church members, hundreds of years after the 'fact', who didn't understand a fraction of what my kids know about the world and universe today.

It's truly incredible in this day and age that people are still guided by it...and attempt to guide others by it.

Feck me there are some sick bastards on here if they think Christianity is a problem.
The 11th Commandment given by Jesus overrides every other statement in the bible.
John 13:34 "34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."
Every act done by a Christian should be framed by this. Indeed, as such, the Old Testament is really just background.

Now historically rulers and leaders have abused this fact. But there is NOTHING more important. NOTHING.
Does this new overriding commandment in John 13:34 extend to homosexuals?

Does this new overriding commandment in John 13:34 extend to homosexuals?
Think about it.

The supossed overriding commandment (is there a precedent clause in the bible in the event of conflicting Scripture?), is to love one another.

Do you reckon calling someone a sick bastard would fall in the 'tough love' category?

Think about it.

The supossed overriding commandment (is there a precedent clause in the bible in the event of conflicting Scripture?), is to love one another.

Do you reckon calling someone a sick bastard would fall in the 'tough love' category?
I'm not sure what your point is? I was just wondering if Jesus included homosexuals in his new overriding commandment.

Oh that is just priceless...

You've made 2 contributions to this discussion both attempting to call me out on specifics when I was trying to make general point.

So, can you tell me, Islamic Terrorisism: is religion/belief no matter how misguided, the main motivator?

You've made 2 contributions to this discussion both attempting to call me out on specifics when I was trying to make general point.

So, can you tell me, Islamic Terrorisism: is religion/belief no matter how misguided, the main motivator?
Yes of course it is. It's a group of people who have utilised a specific doctrine, taken specific parts what they want from it to satisfty their own desires and intentions and used it to justify their actions to others.

People can call what this malformed doctrine is whateve they wish; Islamism, Radical Islam, Islamic Fundamentalism, Salafism, Naughty Men, whatever. The fact is if Islam is being misinterpreted then why are a number of them across the world interpreting it in the same incorrect way? This isn't meant as a slight on the Islamic religion, either. I'm pointing out that there is a clear devolution of the main religion that has been agreed upon and is being preached to a number of willing followers across the globe who want to spread it.

Is it an accurate depicition of Islam? No. Is it evident that all Muslims believe what they do? No. Is Islam the basis for their doctrine? In all probability, yes, though it could easily have taken tenets from other religious or non religious sources, but given they proudly proclaim "Islam" is their championing cause, it's fair to assume that parts of the Quran have been used to formulate their warped beliefs.

Simply put Islam is the root of all evil in this scenario

Even simpler put, humanity is the root of all evil here.

Which just like yours is so broad that it's a completely pointless statement, so let's try to be less simple and more specific instead.

Even simpler put, humanity is the root of all evil here.

Which just like yours is so broad that it's a completely pointless statement, so let's try to be less simple and more specific instead.

OK without Islam the world would be a safer place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.