Isle of Man tour, July 1994

lev_yashin said:
Anyone recognise themselves?

IOM18.jpg

Yep, that's Monsieur Onions to the right of the Stuart Pearce haircut boy, Nelly ! Other lads on the pic include Bimbo and Webby.....That Frank Sidebottom gig was summat else.

Can't recollect any hassle during the weekend.

Some good stories there. I didn't make this trip as I didn't have a pot to piss in at the time. Some of my mates went, however, but because they only booked late all the spaces on City's official trip were filled so they had to book on with Oldham's official trip instead!

the same lad who had fuck all on outside the quid bar also did a streak at the game if if i remember right?
me and my mate had a blow up doll and impressed the local wenches on the beach that day. ive still got the pics somwhere

Didsbury Dave said:
The "kill the cheese" campaign suggests that the 'turn wembley blue' and 'curly wigs for wembley' brigade read this thread and remember who you are fucking representing
Exactly Dave we are Manchester City not fuckin Blackpool or someone!!

lev_yashin said:

IOM18.jpg

Hi Kate!

I,m on there with Paul Nelson,Graham,Ian from the old abbey and Dave Cotton in blue checked shirt right at the end of pic,Jackie and Sharon,James(Bimbo)..also asian lad in the background to the right again from the old abbey nr maine rd,looks like "watford pete" on there too,but i could be wrong.

great trip,loads of fun,but not a place i,d rush back to unless city were playing.

dennishasdoneit said:
lev_yashin said:

IOM18.jpg

Hi Kate!

I,m on there with Paul Nelson,Graham,Ian from the old abbey and Dave Cotton in blue checked shirt right at the end of pic,Jackie and Sharon,James(Bimbo)..also asian lad in the background to the right again from the old abbey nr maine rd,looks like "watford pete" on there too,but i could be wrong.

great trip,loads of fun,but not a place i,d rush back to unless city were playing.

I've been rumbled!

Plenty of pictures from this that I can post. Took a flight to get over to this one. The team were on the same flight. Good times.

The Quids Inn pub was ace,went in thru a turnstile and there was a guy with a refs shirt and whistle,any messing about and you got a yellow card,anymore and you got a red and had to leave,all the pub shouting "off off offf!!!!".

Thanks for posting this. Brought back a fair few good memories. The 2 guys doing a lap on the athletics track round the pitch with one of them in just a motorbike helmet is one of the funniest things I think I've ever seen at a game.

Seem to recall that one of the pubs was run by a former page 3 girl. For some reason it was quite popular with the lads!

Eddie Hitler said:
The Quids Inn pub was ace,went in thru a turnstile and there was a guy with a refs shirt and whistle,any messing about and you got a yellow card,anymore and you got a red and had to leave,all the pub shouting "off off offf!!!!".
quid in the turnstile and a quid a pint! result!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.