Isle of Man tour, July 1994

Remember going to IOM on a stag do and whilst in a club Sheffield united squad were in ......showed Vonk my city membership card at the time and he rolled his eyes and pretended to chuck it on the floor.....then a pal of mine threatened to twat him and made him apologise

Its a bit sad that trips like this are from a bygone age, never to be repeated
The better away days are now Palace, Fulham, Luton et al. rather Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. And the better Euro Aways will be places like Shaktar, Belgrade and Qarabag rather than Barca, Madrid and Munich. That’s the closet you’ll get to it.

A few random things I remember from that trip.

A fit, young lady Oldham fan sunbathing on the ferry going over getting plenty of ‘attention’ from City fans.

A well known, now sadly deceased, City fan getting sparked by some young, nerdy looking kid for trying to rip him off over some merch. he was flogging.

The bouncers in a Douglas town centre pub dishing out yellow and red cards for bad behaviour.

City fans chanting, “If you hate Man. United clap your hands “ And the whole bench of the Isle of Man team standing up and clapping.

A very lively coach trip from Heysham back to town, through the night, with a bunch of Salford blues.

I can't believe it was 30 years ago.
Got a ferry over on the Friday afternoon from Heysham in glorious sunshine which ran out of beer.
Stayed in a guest house on the front in Douglas.
Went in the quids in bar on the Saturday night which was rammed with blues.
Pissed it down on the day we came home either Sunday or Monday but can't remember what day !
There were other clubs over there too.
Saw Chester City team who were managed by ex Everton captain Kevin Ratcliff getting off a coach and Stockport County team were getting off the ferry we got on going home.
Their giant 6ft 7inch striker Kevin Francis walked past me.
I'm 6ft tall but he towered over me.

Missed this trip but went to IOM tournament in 1985 which as far as I can recall was the first time the Disco Pants song was aired. Anyone else remember Big Alan Potter's shiny green strides? I think it was at the game v Stoke

Alan Potters disco pants are the best!...............
I went in 85.
It was £95 for the ferry, 7 nights B&B and tickets to the 3 games
Stoke at the Douglas Bowl
Carlisle on a park pitch in Castleton
IOM XI on a park pitch in Ramsey.

The park pitches were merely roped off with everyone ducking under the rope and avoiding the admission charge.

Kicked off in a pub with Carlisle fans attacking Blues with snooker balls the night before the game. I think a couple got sent down and a few were deported.

And yes, Alan Potter's Disco Pants song was first sang here and he was far from amused!

got that t shirt aswell and i still see the guy i bought it off at city knocking about

-- Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:31 pm --

was that outside the club where uwe came in?<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:34 pm --<br /><br />anyone remember the knobheads on the zebra crossing outside the quid bar with fuck all on stopping all the traffic?
quality!
If my memory is correct, they were playing cricket with inflatable bats and wickets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.