Israel-Palestine Conflict

whataboutism is a stupid word. If someone posts one side then it's not whataboutism to give the other side, it's balance.
No it isn’t. It’s not even close. It’s possible to hold both thoughts in one’s head at one time. For instance I’ve been perfectly capable of decrying the horrendous acts of Hamas whilst also stating my feelings that Israel is illegally settling land outside of its UN approved borders.

However when some posters see rocket attacks purposely targeting civilian areas and rounding up hostages for rape, beatings and death and ONLY post that Israel do bad things as well, that’s not balance. It’s whataboutery. It’s a tacit defence of what we’re currently seeing taking place this weekend just without the balls to state it.

Hamas are attacking even the "non-illegal" territories, killing civilians everywhere. People are disgusted, calling out their actions and you respond with several whatabouteries.

Knew there was something iffy about you. I await with baited breath for you to condemn Blue Cigar's comments with equal fervour.
WTF are you waffling on about? You're refusing to condemn Israel for stealing land. This is a simple question. Do you think Israelis have "By Force" removed Palestinians from THEIR land and built their own settlements on there. Its a simple Yes or No? Regarding Blue Cigars post, the bit of "Well glad they got some back" is terrible & Abhorrent. I've not seen you comment on @MCFC ISRAEL post yet?

WTF are you waffling on about? You're refusing to condemn Israel for stealing land. This is a simple question. Do you think Israelis have "By Force" removed Palestinians from THEIR land and built their own settlements on there. Its a simple Yes or No? Regarding Blue Cigars post, the bit of "Well glad they got some back" is terrible & Abhorrent. I've not seen you comment on @MCFC ISRAEL post yet?
His waffle seems fairly accurate from where I've been standing

Probably because I haven't read it.

I have condemned Israel for stealing land beyond their borders. If you haven't seen it before, i'm saying it now. I condemn the actions of the Israeli Government for their assaults on innocent Palestinian civilians.

I do NOT however, feel that gives Hamas any justification whatsover for this attack on Israeli civilians. I condemn it in equal measure. I don't understand why, when these action by Hamas terrorists are the current event taking place, that some would choose instead to focus on and highlight past events by an equally aggressive Israeli Government, as if that grants Hamas some sort of justified action or was expectant. Because now, others could equally argue that any future aggressions by the Israeli state against Palestinians would be equally as justified, and the cycle of violence continues.

In the end all that is concerning is that more innocent, non-violent, non-aggressor civilians will be killed.

Obviously it's an emotive topic, but let's keep the discussion civil and sensible please.

Probably because I haven't read it.

I have condemned Israel for stealing land beyond their borders. If you haven't seen it before, i'm saying it now. I condemn the actions of the Israeli Government for their assaults on innocent Palestinian civilians.

I do NOT however, feel that gives Hamas any justification whatsover for this attack on Israeli civilians. I condemn it in equal measure. I don't understand why, when these action by Hamas terrorists are the current event taking place, that some would choose instead to focus on and highlight past events by an equally aggressive Israeli Government, as if that grants Hamas some sort of justified action or was expectant. Because now, others could equally argue that any future aggressions by the Israeli state against Palestinians would be equally as justified, and the cycle of violence continues.

In the end all that is concerning is that more innocent, non-violent, non-aggressor civilians will be killed.
What do you think those Palestinians removed should do to try and get their stolen homes back? Serious question. What would you do in their situation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.