Israel-Palestine Conflict

Just heard the mother of one of the deceased hostages, giving her last goodbye to her son.
It was heartbreakingly wonderful and I don't have the words to describe how moving it was. She should be immensely proud of herself to have given that whilst also not breaking down.

30 out of 350. Not enough.

Coinciding with the US saying the next deal is a take or leave it and that Israel isn't doing enough.

its far to slow, but seems as tho the US and UK slowly ramping up the pressure on Israel to stop.

There's been a few of these moves that seem coordinated, just not enough pressure to stop, Id guess the behind the doors wording will be a lot harsher.

You think?

To me, a message would be zero weapons.

Sending 320 weapons instead of 350 is the Gov hedging its bets like it's doing something, but still telling everyone Israel has the right to 'defend' itself to commit more murder.

Of course but real world politics is much harder than we, as casual observers, would like it to be. This will create headlines, create some questions for the Israeli government, and it leaves our government somewhere to escalate to.

I won’t blame Labour for where we find ourselves today on this, if we take it at face value we can say they have acted on this with reasonable haste. I’m sure the tories could and should have done plenty more.

Of course but real world politics is much harder than we, as casual observers, would like it to be. This will create headlines, create some questions for the Israeli government, and it leaves our government somewhere to escalate to.

I won’t blame Labour for where we find ourselves today on this, if we take it at face value we can say they have acted on this with reasonable haste. I’m sure the tories could and should have done plenty more.

I don't affiliate with the Tories, so don't understand their thinking. My roots are closer to Labour but they've moved away. So, stupid me still there's a link from labour to the working people and, as a rule, we don't want people on a similar level as us murdered nonchalantly.

So, how would Labour just stopping upset 'real world politics'? They serve 'we the people', not Israel... or it's supposed to be that way!

The only thing it does for Israel is for us to know what type of weaponry is being stopped, how long for and will it lead to no longer selling weapons at all to them? Cos it only takes an uptick from Hezbollah as a reason to resume the sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.