Israel-Palestine Conflict

I genuinely think that Israel thinks it operates in a vacuum. They are the best recruiting sergeant for their opposition in their region plus the hate they are building up in the West is beyond their comprehension. The young protesters against their actions will be the senior voices against them, the politicians, the diplomats and the protesters of the future. Extreme Zionists and in some cases regular Israelis cannot conceive the future they are carving out for themselves

I don't affiliate with the Tories, so don't understand their thinking. My roots are closer to Labour but they've moved away. So, stupid me still there's a link from labour to the working people and, as a rule, we don't want people on a similar level as us murdered nonchalantly.

So, how would Labour just stopping upset 'real world politics'? They serve 'we the people', not Israel... or it's supposed to be that way!

The only thing it does for Israel is for us to know what type of weaponry is being stopped, how long for and will it lead to no longer selling weapons at all to them? Cos it only takes an uptick from Hezbollah as a reason to resume the sales.

Sadly politics isn’t that simple. The Jewish community, like others such as the Irish, has a lot of influence - particularly in the US. They are in an election year. Overlay this with a loathing of Iran etc etc. you can join the dots here. People die for politics, it is always so. Where does this apply to the UK? As The The said this is the 51st state of the USA (well 52nd now I guess).

Given all that yesterday’s statement was as strong a signal as I think we could reasonably expect our government to issue. It tells Israel we think you are breaking international law and we plan to uphold it as best we can.

Sadly politics isn’t that simple. The Jewish community, like others such as the Irish, has a lot of influence - particularly in the US. They are in an election year. Overlay this with a loathing of Iran etc etc. you can join the dots here. People die for politics, it is always so. Where does this apply to the UK? As The The said this is the 51st state of the USA (well 52nd now I guess).

Given all that yesterday’s statement was as strong a signal as I think we could reasonably expect our government to issue. It tells Israel we think you are breaking international law and we plan to uphold it as best we can.
Waiting for hell to freeze over is a more apt line for this thread methinks .... or a country that is sick sad and confused.

Plus ca change,hey Rodney - plus ca change.
Hope the mod's don't mind - I have a book coming out next week called Parallax 9/11 Part One: The Silent Assassin. It considers the geo political situation 23 years post 9/11, amongst other things, and I hope that contributors to this thread will find it an interesting read.
Look for it on Amazon.

Plus ca change,hey Rodney - plus ca change.
Hope the mod's don't mind - I have a book coming out next week called Parallax 9/11 Part One: The Silent Assassin. It considers the geo political situation 23 years post 9/11, amongst other things, and I hope that contributors to this thread will find it an interesting read.
Look for it on Amazon.

Good luck with it mate. Is there a 11.5% discount for blues?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.