Israel-Palestine Conflict

It's a shame our PM hasn't said he condemns bombing the shit out of cilivans too. See you got there in the end.
Could you please name all posters on here and all western politicians who are in favour of bombing civilians FFS.

Nobody is so stupid to not understand that Palestinians deserve a life in dignity like any other human on this planet. (And yes, we are far away from that goal. We have to discuss how we want to live. All 8 billion.)

Part of the hatred leading to terrorism isn't only the terrible living conditions in Gaza and elsewhere but also the brainwashing opening and closing statements in any Friday prayer like "Death to Israel and the USA" since ages in Iran and many other mosques around the world.
(There's a lot of poverty and even more poverty in many places, but there is NO terrorism, maybe for a reason.)

I can only repeat what I often say: when we want to change human behaviour we have to start at the early stages of brain structuring as all damage is done in that phase as young kids. Changing humans later on is rather complicated if not impossible (in case we don't want to end up with lobotomy like Jack Nickolson as McMurphy).

It's all about respect, affection and love kids have to receive. Our enemy is hatred, driven by a black/white ideology.

Could you please name all posters on here and all western politicians who are in favour of bombing civilians FFS.

Nobody is so stupid to not understand that Palestinians deserve a life in dignity like any other human on this planet. (And yes, we are far away from that goal. We have to discuss how we want to live. All 8 billion.)

Part of the hatred leading to terrorism isn't only the terrible living conditions in Gaza and elsewhere but also the brainwashing opening and closing statements in any Friday prayer like "Death to Israel and the USA" since ages in Iran and many other mosques around the world.
(There's a lot of poverty and even more poverty in many places, but there is NO terrorism, maybe for a reason.)

I can only repeat what I often say: when we want to change human behaviour we have to start at the early stages of brain structuring as all damage is done in that phase as young kids. Changing humans later on is rather complicated if not impossible (in case we don't want to end up with lobotomy like Jack Nickolson as McMurphy).

It's all about respect, affection and love kids have to receive. Our enemy is hatred, driven by a black/white ideology.
Hamas do not want peace. They will repeat these atrocities every time there is a glimmer of hope. They want IDF to respond against Palestinian with brutal force to eradicate any thought of a peaceful two state solution. It will take a massive international response to turn this around.

FREE PALESTINE , from Hamas …
An election in Palestine is absolutely of paramount importance. One that is free and fair, observed and monitored by the UN. It's been 16 years and it's estimated that fewer than 10% of Palestinians actually support Hamas.

If after the election Palestine continues to choose Hamas as their representatives, how can any world leader be expected to say they stand with them given what Hamas advocates? They'd be giving them legitimacy. Palestinians must choose a more democratic and diplomatic path way to peace, which would go further in establishing their sovereignty and recognition in the world.

Hamas do not want peace. They will repeat these atrocities every time there is a glimmer of hope. They want IDF to respond against Palestinian with brutal force to eradicate any thought of a peaceful two state solution. It will take a massive international response to turn this around.
No more pussyfooting around. The UN now has to step in and help resolve this situation diplomatically. It's clear that the cycle of violence approach isn't working.

To be fair, I think everyone - including me - went all in on Israel when we heard the news last night. It wasn’t confined to just a few
It’s why I’ve not commented on that specific incident as I don’t yet know enough to come to a decision either way.

A novel approach on this thread I know.

Would the Americans have allowed the British to send precision missiles into West Belfast?

The IRA weren’t launching rockets across the Irish Sea into London so it’s a pretty childish comparison.

Even as someone who’s been constantly outspoken against the IDF’s use of force and willingness to accept civilian casualties, you really can’t compare the IRA and Hamas.

An election in Palestine is absolutely of paramount importance. One that is free and fair, observed and monitored by the UN. It's been 16 years and it's estimated that fewer than 10% of Palestinians actually support Hamas.

If after the election Palestine continues to choose Hamas as their representatives, how can any world leader be expected to say they stand with them given what Hamas advocates? They'd be giving them legitimacy. Palestinians must choose a more democratic and diplomatic path way to peace, which would go further in establishing their sovereignty and recognition in the world.
Elections don't work in areas like that, the Arab world has to take over the Palestine situation, a country like Saudi/UAE need to seriously get involved and give the Palestinian's a future, if they do, Hamas will be eradicated.

Elections don't work in areas like that, the Arab world has to take over the Palestine situation, a country like Saudi/UAE need to seriously get involved and give the Palestinian's a future, if they do, Hamas will be eradicated.
By doing what? Get involved how?

It's an interesting question, because what you've got to ask is at what point does a complete disregard for the accidental death of citizens end and being in favour of bombing civilians begin. We often comfort ourselves in the moral superiority of accidentally (but knowingly) killing civilians to the point that many more civilians will actually die. But it's okay, because we weren't actually targeting them, they were just collateral damage. The proper moral argument for accidentally taking the lives of innocent civilians is that it will save more in the long term. It's an argument I haven't really heard much in relation to this conflict.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.