Israel-Palestine Conflict

I wonder why that is??? Treat people like shit and what do they expect?
How exactly did they treat people like shit at their independence? I 100% accept that recent actions should be condemned and settlements should be removed, but independence was way before this and actions have had consequences

And what is it you think Hamas would like to discuss with Israel?
How about having a bit of turf they can call their own without it being blockaded, cut off from international trade, transgressed upon and generally not respected?

The Israelis need to give Palestinians a deal that the majority of Palestinians will be happy with, and then whilst there will remain some extremists in Palestine, they will not be in power and the Palestinians can deal with them with their own security forces.

Israel's persistent shocking treatment of the Palestinians is absolutely the root cause of the attacks on Israel.

How exactly did they treat people like shit at their independence? I 100% accept that recent actions should be condemned and settlements should be removed, but independence was way before this and actions have had consequences
(Until a couple of weeks ago - no idea now) there are/were roughly 700,000 Israeli settlers living illegally in the occupied West Bank. And what about border checks, shipping blockades and the rest of it. The Palestinians have been living in what is effectively a prison camp.

Interesting perspective from a lawyer. Hard to know whose opinion to rely but this seems to make sense.

This resolution was rejected by Israel, the US abstained and guess who spoke against it because it demanded an end to their cause and terrorism? Hamas.

It's irrelevant what lawyers think, a state of Palestine is only practical and enforceable if two sides agree to exist together.

(Until a couple of weeks ago - no idea now) there are/were roughly 700,000 Israeli settlers living illegally in the occupied West Bank
I don't need you to tell me anything about the demographics over there thanks ,you'll notice I mentioned settlements, that wasn't the question

If anyone was to post video clearly showing the execution of innocent citizens then it would be rightly criticised by everyone imo.

What we get is a video that has no context, no real evidence of anyone being killed, irrespective of who they may or might not be and you are supposed to just lap it up and join in with the narrative.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way and it shouldn't work that way for anyone.
@blueinsa, you know my stance and you probably know what I believe is going on in Palestine. However, in my line of work I see videos that are put forward as evidence in criminal court every other week.
The videos we watched may well be damning with context and possibly witness testimony, but as they stand on their own I don’t think they would stand any kind of investigation.
They prove nothing, categorically.
They don’t paint a pretty picture of life in the area, but there again, where is the area?

This resolution was rejected by Israel, the US and guess who else spoke against it because it demanded an end to their cause and terrorism? Hamas.

It's irrelevant what lawyers think, a state of Palestine is only enforceable if two sides agree.
All the better if the resolution was adopted then. We are nowhere near a solution. Further away than any point in the last 50 years maybe. At least the lawyer’s advice attempts to cut through some of the “non occupation” BS.

I don't need you to tell me anything about the demographics over there thanks ,you'll notice I mentioned settlements, that wasn't the question
OK fair enough. Anyway, this discussion is irrelevant. NOTHING justifies the continued slaughter of innocent women and children and the denial of basic humanitarian support including water, electricity and medical supplies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.