Israel-Palestine Conflict

True. Strange that, isn't it?
Here is a thought imagine Hammas were to say we've fucked up and realised that this wasn't the way to get peace for our peolple how about we disarm ourselves and hand over the hostages in return for negotiations around a table and a new isrealis govememt ,think of the pressure that would put on isreal

Here is a thought imagine Hammas were to say we've fucked up and realised that this wasn't the way to get peace for our peolple how about we disarm ourselves and hand over the hostages in return for negotiations around a table and a new isrealis govememt ,think of the pressure that would put on isreal
I think that's naive. Israel would just carry on taking over Palestinian land.
I believe Hamas have every right to fire rockets at Israel precisely because of how Israelis treat Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza.
As I said earlier the last decade has been a good one for Israel in terms of losses and yet there were zero efforts to move forward the 2 state solution.

You would need a new government first. You sure Netanyahu won't get enough support to stay in power after this?

You are also assuming Hamas fucked up. And that their primary concern is looking after Palestinians.

I think that's naive. Israel would just carry on taking over Palestinian land.
I believe Hamas have every right to fire rockets at Israel precisely because of how Israelis treat Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza.
As I said earlier the last decade has been a good one for Israel in terms of losses and yet there were zero efforts to move forward the 2 state solution.
It wasn't serious obviously its never going to happen , I can't repeat myself anymore on my feelings on settlements, but actions have consequences

I guess the wider point is that Hamas have only really been on the scene for the last 30 years, and only in the form of a elected government for the last 18. We still, however, have Israel being consistently against a two state solution prior to Hamas. If anything, we could say that the Israeli government has been a bigger obstacle to peace in that regard.

Then you can add the West Bank into the mix where Hamas have no authority, yet we see the Palestinians dehumanised on a daily basis and terrorised by Settlers with impunity.

Ideally both Hamas, and the Isreali government should be dismantled and replaced with a (international) peacekeeping government that has the interests of both Israelis and Palestinians working / living together with a longer term pluralistic view.

I guess the wider point is that Hamas have only really been on the scene for the last 30 years, and only in the form of a elected government for the last 18. We still, however, have Israel being consistently against a two state solution prior to Hamas. If anything, we could say that the Israeli government has been a bigger obstacle to peace in that regard.

Ideally both Hamas, and the Isreali government should be dismantled and replaced with a (international) peacekeeping government that has the interests of both Israelis and Palestinians working / living together with a longer term pluralistic view.
Again I'm with you on the last part

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.