Israel-Palestine Conflict

A thorough and well-supported dive in to the rise of the right wing in Israel for those interested.

Lays out, with primary recordings and expert commentary, exactly how far-right Netanyahu has always been, the path of Ben-Gvir, an ultra-right wing militant, to a position of unprecedented power over the Palestinian Territories (he ostensibly supports the killing and/or displacement of all Palestinians; essentially a Palestinian holocaust), and how much pressure towards ouster the current far-right Netanyahu coalition government was under until the 7th October attacks forced a tentative national unification (with tensions still simmering).

I really cannot recommend it enough.

Last edited:

I have seen quite a few other videos of IDF soldiers undertaking objectionable (or outright illegal) actions over the last few months. As they are not all independently verified I have not shared them here.

But I am confident that at least a large percentage of them are real, especially those the IDF soldiers are recording and posting themselves, and it paints a horrific picture of the state of the Israeli military and the mindset of many of those carrying out operations in Gaza and the West Bank.

There have been warnings for some time—well before the 7th October attacks—that a larger and larger segment of the IDF (both based on the inherent issues with the conscription system and through actual targeted recruitment) was comprised of ultra-right nationalists (many of them Kahanists or members of offshoots groups descending from the Jewish National Front). And much of the abhorrent behaviour and potential war crimes from the IDF is being perpetrated by that group.

And the current far-right coalition government—particularly Gallant, Smotrich, and Ben-Gvir—are shielding them from any substantive oversight or accountability.

The frightening part for me, personally, is that when I bring up these horrible acts and atrocities with many of my Jewish family or friends (especially those living in Israel), many respond by saying “look what Hamas did and is doing!” As if that somehow justifies Israelis doing similar or worse. Some of that is religious beliefs informing what is acceptable, some of it is just still deep-seated rage.

When I point out that the logical inference from that defence is that they are indicating the IDF (and other official entities of Israel) have become a terrorist organisation they usually either stop engaging or call me a self-hating Jew. Those that continue to engage in earnest try to argue that acting like Hamas doesn’t make the IDF like them, because they are doing it for the good of Israel and Jewish people everywhere.

Not all agree with that stance, but the (seemingly growing) proportion who do makes me very uncomfortable. The far-right has genuinely begun to shape public discourse and opinion in Israel and beyond.

Last edited:
I have seen quite a few other videos of IDF soldiers undertaking objectionable (or outright illegal) actions over the last few months. As they are not all independently verified I have not shared them here.

But I am confident that at least a large percentage of them are real, especially those the IDF soldiers are recording and posting themselves, and it paints a horrific picture of the state of the Israeli military and the mindset of many of those carrying out operations in Gaza and the West Bank.

There have been warnings for some time—well before the 7th October attacks—that a larger and larger segment of the IDF (both based on the inherent issues with the conscription system and through actual targeted recruitment) was comprised of ultra-right nationalists (many of them Kahanists or members of offshoots groups descending from the Jewish National Front). And much of the abhorrent behaviour and potential war crimes from the IDF is being perpetrated by that group.

And the current far-right coalition government—particularly Gallant, Smotrich, and Ben-Gvir—are shielding them from any substantive oversight or accountability.

The frightening part for me, personally, is that when I bring up these horrible acts and atrocities with many of my Jewish family or friends (especially those living in Israel), many respond by saying “look what Hamas did and is doing!” As if that somehow justifies Israelis doing similar or worse. Some of that is religious beliefs informing what is acceptable, some of it is just still deep-seated rage.

When I point out that the logical inference from that defence is that they are indicating the IDF (and other official entities of Israel) have become a terrorist organisation they usually either stop engaging or call me a self-hating Jew. Those that continue to engage in earnest try to argue that acting like Hamas doesn’t make the IDF like them, because they are doing it for the good of Israel and Jewish people everywhere.

Not all agree with that stance, but the (seemingly growing) proportion who do makes me very uncomfortable. The far-right has genuinely begun to shape public discourse and opinion in Israel and beyond.
Impressive post. Politicians in the West have usually referred to Israel as a democracy and this war has shown up that lie. True democracies do not indulge in the acts Israel is accused of, though all overstep the mark on occasions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.