Istanbul Bar and Food prices

hi,
first of all i recommend you come to Besiktas Square/besiktas pubs street (taksim is ok, but you ll understand what i mean when you come)... believe me.. follow my previous posts.
yesterday i wrote a post about prices. i am pasting here. below.

alcohol is expensive for turkish people (thanks to our islamic government, %300 taxes on alcohol) (Very very expensive compared to our buying power), but it is normal for european people.even cheap. i know.

for food. food is great everywhere and cheap. you may mail me for good restaurands, fast food etc. but feel free, food is excellent everywhere. if you wanna have good dinner with your family or friends in an elegant place, also mail me.

ok, here is the post of yestarday. i am pasting.
-------------------------------------------------
credit card everywhere... 90% contactless. use credit card. but matchday no alcohol in the stadium normally (they will not make an exception for the final i think, i will keep you informed). And there are no pubs near stadium. But there will be mobile turkish guys selling beer. thats how we drink near the stadium in Gala stadium. So hold some cash for matchday near stadium. so how much cash?
ok,
1 beer is 40 Turkish Lira at stores at the moment = 2 USD. They may double the price near stadium, those guys.
at pubs, at Besiktas and Kadıkoy, it is depending. Last month i paid 50TRY in a pub at kadıkoy. But in nevizade street (taksim) i paid 100 TRY (it was a BJK-GS game so they increased the price).
So, normally 50-60 TRY in pubs. But since english fans are coming they will increase it. 100 TRY = 5 USD probably, we will see.
Turkey in a deep financial crisis at the moment. terrible things are happening financially, i dont wanna talk about that and depress you. Sunday 2nd round elections. Next week there will be fluctuations ( i can not comment on which way, it is not legal, but you get it :)) ) on Turkish Lira. We will see. It will not affect you on a negative way, probably you will have a cheaper stay :))
So, depending on your beer consumption make your calculations, near stadium. Hold cash only for matchday near stadium.
cheers.
This is brilliant information. Thanks so much

I was just going to take cash for transport and use my card for everything else but when changing my money yesterday the woman at TUI was telling me I'd be charged quite a lot for each transaction on my card so got more and hoping not to use my card.
tui will tell you that to sell you at a shit rate

What’s the issue with him being vegan? Many countries don’t cater too well for them and me being a vegetarian. In Malaga I was only eating cheesy pasta and margherita pizza because everything else was fish and meat based.

I’m a vegetarian for health reasons. I had to have major colorectal surgery on my bowel last year and cutting out meat was right for me as I was eating absolute crap.
mercimek corbasi (lentil soup)veggie and vegan . Its delicious .

If anyone wants to avoid paying transaction fees for using their card abroad try setting up an account with Starling Bank.

Me and the Mrs set up a joint account for holiday spends a few years back.

Dead easy to pay contactless using your phone or watch. Also you can use their bank card to withdraw cash abroad with no charges.

https://www.starlingbank.com

Now, can someone sort me out with a ticket in exchange for this info ?!!!

If anyone wants to avoid paying transaction fees for using their card abroad try setting up an account with Starling Bank.

Me and the Mrs set up a joint account for holiday spends a few years back.

Dead easy to pay contactless using your phone or watch. Also you can use their bank card to withdraw cash abroad with no charges.

https://www.starlingbank.com

Now, can someone sort me out with a ticket in exchange for this info ?!!!
Also.
Anyone who has a virgin m plus debit card,there are no fees for withdrawing money from atms, maybe a fee from the bank you are using but you cant avoid that, plus you get the bank rate for the exchange not the shitty tourist rates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.