Istanbul | Cancelled Hotels

I don't think that was the point of his post, of course he can book somewhere else but still, it's a twat's trick.
Completely agree. You book elsewhere in two minutes and hopefully nobody takes the cancelled room.

We're in an apartment (I think it's also a hotel) called The Colorist. 2 blues on here have been separately cancelled from there already. I'm checking my emails every bastard hour.
The likes of Booking.com should police it but they don't.

Be careful blues all what have paid in advance just had an email to say they’ve cancelled my hotel and have returned my money, a friend of mine was saying they had done this to him on theFriday before Wembley,he checked later the room was still available but has gone from £240 to £800 utter twats
Unfortunately it's happens frequently whenever a big event happens in a city. Mostly affects bookings made early weeks or months before at a seemingly 'reasonable' rate. The major chain hotels are usually more reliable, but locally owned, anywhere, can virtually do what they like. Not much can be done apart from complaining to the local tourist
office, but that won't affect anything. Legally it's a grey area if deposits are refunded. Not sure if the likes of Booking.com can enforce reservations on hotels.
Fortunately Istanbul has plentiful hotels.

We're in an apartment (I think it's also a hotel) called The Colorist. 2 blues on here have been separately cancelled from there already. I'm checking my emails every bastard hour.
The likes of Booking.com should police it but they don't.

Have you contacted booking.com ? Someone I work with had their hotel cancelled last minute for Eurovision in Liverpool and they sorted them a different hotel and covered the difference. No idea if this is something they only do for UK bookings but worth a go?

Have you contacted booking.com ? Someone I work with had their hotel cancelled last minute for Eurovision in Liverpool and they sorted them a different hotel and covered the difference. No idea if this is something they only do for UK bookings but worth a go?

Similar happened to us in Barcelona a few years ago, last minute 'overbooking problem' despite booking two or three weeks earler.
Booking.com arranged for our relocation to a 5* hotel in a better location at no extra cost. Result!

You can but try! Good luck to all affected!

Booked ours since September 2022 with free cancellation. Still showing confirmed so no need to panic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.