Istanbul | Cancelled Hotels

I’ve booked what looks like a prison cell, albeit very nice inside. Lol!

I’m a bit apprehensive about the apartment and street it’s on now.

I'd recommend always booking through a reputable website like booking.com. To reduce the risk. Ibis did it to me when I booked a room for a Coldplay concert In Cardiff back in 2017 not only did booking.com pay the increased room rate cost as was canceled the day of the gig but they gave me a £500 credit in my account.

Even better 2 days later I got a call from the manager at ibis apologising who also sent me money to cover the new room rate so I was quids in overall!!

I'd recommend always booking through a reputable website like booking.com. To reduce the risk. Ibis did it to me when I booked a room for a Coldplay concert In Cardiff back in 2017 not only did booking.com pay the increased room rate cost as was canceled the day of the gig but they gave me a £500 credit in my account.

Even better 2 days later I got a call from the manager at ibis apologising who also sent me money to cover the new room rate so I was quids in overall!!

No amount of money could ever compensate for having to sit through Coldplay!

Unfortunately it's happens frequently whenever a big event happens in a city. Mostly affects bookings made early weeks or months before at a seemingly 'reasonable' rate. The major chain hotels are usually more reliable, but locally owned, anywhere, can virtually do what they like. Not much can be done apart from complaining to the local tourist
office, but that won't affect anything. Legally it's a grey area if deposits are refunded. Not sure if the likes of Booking.com can enforce reservations on hotels.
Fortunately Istanbul has plentiful hotels.
Re booking.com. Took my son to a dortmund game few years ago for his 13th, he was a big Reus fan (ginger). Booked radisson by stadium through booking.com and had paid for tge room. when I went to check in told now fully booked and would be relocated to similar standard hotel, as per booking.com rules. Not happy and 45 minutes later after a free taxi ride arrived at a b&b in a farm in tge middle of nowhere.
I got the taxi to return me to tge radisson and whilst on route phoned booking.com to complain. when I arrived our room was upgraded for free and evening meal included.
So I would go through with complaining to booking.com.

I got done via booking.com.

Booked a lovely Edwardian apartment in Fulham for the Fulham v City match. On the Friday the owner cancelled the booking without warning. Rang booking.com, but they couldn’t do anything about it. Fobbed me off, and gave me a discount on my next booking. Fuck off!

You can always leave an honest but bad review. Hotels hate that, especially if they cancel bookings without any warning.

Also vrbo.com, booked with them for 20+ years and never had a bad experience

Pop round to the hotel when you are over ask if they have any rooms left and fucking laugh at the greedy cunts, shit in their lobby and run.

Shit in the lobby, then strip off and roll about in it and have a dirty protest!

(not if you are going to be sat near me in the ground though!)

Last edited:
Just had an email from booking saying the card details weren't correct (which they absolutely were) - Chase told me the security code was incorrect. Changed the card, belled the hotel and they're ringing me back. Slightly concerned this is about to happen to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.