Istanbul | Cancelled Hotels

Use Airbnb, lads. Loads of cheaper accom on there, pick superhosts as the option and talk to them before you book.

Well after many hours yesterday speaking to booking.com (Egypt branch) I spent 3 hours talking to booking.com (Indonesia branch) today. I've finally got confirmation that the Turkish Thieves at Hotel Colorist cant/won't charge me and I've sorted new rooms at another hotel.
(Mind you, if anyone on here has had their booking cancelled for The Hotel Grand Bazaar, sorry that was me)

Can I ask are people have accommodation cancelled ( yes they are using expired cards and so on as an excuse to cancel bookings) is it because they are greedy bastards looking more money ? Surprised at booking.com never had a problem with them when using them,I suppose one way is possibly cut out the middle man and book direct with the hotels themselves…

Can I ask are people have accommodation cancelled ( yes they are using expired cards and so on as an excuse to cancel bookings) is it because they are greedy bastards looking more money ? Surprised at booking.com never had a problem with them when using them,I suppose one way is possibly cut out the middle man and book direct with the hotels themselves…
Yes, they are kicking people out so they can charge more to others. A question to you. Have you ever had need to contact customer services at booking.com? I have and I will never book with the shite company again. Great when it goes well, absolutely awful when it doesn't.

Well after many hours yesterday speaking to booking.com (Egypt branch) I spent 3 hours talking to booking.com (Indonesia branch) today. I've finally got confirmation that the Turkish Thieves at Hotel Colorist cant/won't charge me and I've sorted new rooms at another hotel.
(Mind you, if anyone on here has had their booking cancelled for The Hotel Grand Bazaar, sorry that was me)
i wont trust any of the cunts again,.
the shite we have experienced was/is unbelievable.
Iv got a new hotel now and dont trust them.

I'd add for more secure bookings (finals), outside the U.K. -
book with a major chain hotel either directly paying a deposit, this will ensure that you have a contract with the hotel. Or at least book with a hotel registered with the tourist board. As has been said 'free cancellation' is problematic in these circumstances, where you a sudden increased demand for rooms, a tempting bonus day for unscrupulous hoteliers
The likes of Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia do have some clout with hotels who act unscrupulously: they can threaten to withdraw the hotel from their listings. They do this when hoteliers undercut the listings room rate.
2024 final Wembley anyway!
I’ve booked on booking .com,everything was fine,they messaged me to see what time we were arriving,close to metro and trams,loads of restaurants and a sports bar.room is great but breakfast not brilliant

Yes, they are kicking people out so they can charge more to others. A question to you. Have you ever had need to contact customer services at booking.com? I have and I will never book with the shite company again. Great when it goes well, absolutely awful when it doesn't.
Sorry to hear that mate I’ve only used them when coming over for home games,never had any problem,but this is setting off alarm bells for myself and others be careful when booking,I’m starting to book direct with hotels now anyhow and avoid the hassle of third party companies/apps..

Have you ever had need to contact customer services at booking.com? I have and I will never book with the shite company again. Great when it goes well, absolutely awful when it doesn't.

They are shite. They offer no customer service. I have had to ring them before and it was a total waste of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.