Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

it's a completely different scenario, as much as i cant stand them cunts, they were tear gassed, crushed and denied entry,

we had to wait and get shit busses back to the centre! its hardly the same
Those dipper twats git what they deserved, the Manager encouraging Dippers to attend without tickets, those turning up with fake tickets and jibbing in, there had to be a consequence and they paid the price, it’s not like they hadn’t done the same thing before, fuck em. Our fans were impeccable on a really tough journey to get to and from the Stadium, as were the brilliant Inter fans.

IMO CITY should have put a statement to at least give credit and praise to fans on that day for they way they behaved when UEFA and local officials effectively abandoned their duty of care.

If not for fans looking after each other we would have seen people die that night after game, I honestly believe that.

I expected nowt from UEFA and will boo that fucking anthem everytime I hear it!! .

City fans have been charged with non cooperation and 116 chargeses of failing to pay for their beer over a 90 minute period.
That’ll be our group, we got a round of beers at about 9am at Bodrum airport on the day of the final and weren’t charged at the bar, very strange, we just walked to the gate when the flight was called.

We did have 4 beers each on the return journey at £14 a pint in the same airport so we did get spanked eventually.

We also booked the lounge at Istanbul, no beer, just tea, coffee, soft drinks and a poor selection of food.

Absolute shit show by both UEFA and more importantly the club who show yet again how out of touch they are with the fan base. Note how I said fan base and not customer base. I know @Alex - City Matters put a huge amount of time and effort into compiling the report and I suspect even with all the reports he received from fans he barely scratched the surface with the treatment we received that day / night. Two finals running fans have been let down by UEFA and their inadequate organisation yet somehow we have been ignored. I wonder if the club might think differently who the Sheikh had to queue for two hours to get on a bus and stand with no water / food, then queue for another hour to enter the ground and then be fleeced / scammed inside the ground by staff selling tiny cups of water and only accepting a currency that isn't their country's official one. Oh and then sit on a stifling bus again after the game for an hour before slowly moving off a car park that was a construction site etc. For me and I guess many others the night we secured the treble was tarnished by what we all went through. It wasn't as if it was isolated incidents as it appears that almost the entire following that night was affected by the issues that can only be laid at the door of UEFA. If anyone from the club reads this then you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves treating us like absolute shit!
I can honestly say I was expecting loss of life that night , luckily we won or the aftermath would of probably ended up in a full blown riot ,yet again no apologies from anyone to us when none of it was our fault compare to our Scouse chums who were at least 90% responsible apologised to praised and was talk of having ticket money refunded.

Those dipper twats git what they deserved, the Manager encouraging Dippers to attend without tickets, those turning up with fake tickets and jibbing in, there had to be a consequence and they paid the price, it’s not like they hadn’t done the same thing before, fuck em. Our fans were impeccable on a really tough journey to get to and from the Stadium, as were the brilliant Inter fans.

This is an example of why the treatment of football fans hasn’t moved on a great deal in certain places since the 1980s.

Any other group of people would be united in demanding action and change after the Paris final.

But for a large number of football fans, it’s fuck ‘em. They’re our rivals, so they deserve it.

This is an example of why the treatment of football fans hasn’t moved on a great deal in certain places since the 1980s.

Any other group of people would be united in demanding action and change after the Paris final.

But for a large number of football fans, it’s fuck ‘em. They’re our rivals, so they deserve it.
I wouldn’t say that about any other set of “supporters” Dipperville is the only place I’ve ever been assaulted and that was many years ago, I’ve witnessed their feral behaviour on many occasions and even outside of football they don’t behave very well.

Just a couple of examples last 5 years:

Young lad fell off his bike near the Asda at City, his shopping spilled onto the road, City fans helped him up and gathered his food but he had 4 cans of beer, a Dipper picked his beers up and walked of laughing, my 4ft 11” sister chased him and said if he didn’t hand back she’d get the police, he passed them back.

During Covid a sandwich wagon I used to go near Buxton was run by a lovely woman, she told me she’d an an altercation with Scousers who were going to an illegal concert, they ordered sandwiches then refused to pay, one of them then stole the cakes and chocolate bars that were in the counter and did a runner.

So on top of all the things we know about them there’s plenty of other stuff out there.

So fuck being an apologist for these cunts, they reap what they sow.

I wouldn’t say that about any other set of “supporters” Dipperville is the only place I’ve ever been assaulted and that was many years ago, I’ve witnessed their feral behaviour on many occasions and even outside of football they don’t behave very well.

Just a couple of examples last 5 years:

Young lad fell off his bike near the Asda at City, his shopping spilled onto the road, City fans helped him up and gathered his food but he had 4 cans of beer, a Dipper picked his beers up and walked of laughing, my 4ft 11” sister chased him and said if he didn’t hand back she’d get the police, he passed them back.

During Covid a sandwich wagon I used to go near Buxton was run by a lovely woman, she told me she’d an an altercation with Scousers who were going to an illegal concert, they ordered sandwiches then refused to pay, one of them then stole the cakes and chocolate bars that were in the counter and did a runner.

So on top of all the things we know about them there’s plenty of other stuff out there.

So fuck being an apologist for these cunts, they reap what they sow.
On the other hand, there are good Scousers and I've known a few who went to Paris on seemingly real tickets, from touting sites, to find that UEFA had allowed simple duplication to happen, with minimal editing.

Know enough Liverpool fans, from round that way, that aren't as militant as the internet warrior worriers most seem to encounter.

Also, had a few bad days at Ann's Field, and been chased enough to know they're not all good sons of Liverpool.

Not all are bad eggs. I think we're being drawn in by the nasty Scouse groups and media. Is this really us?

On the other hand, there are good Scousers and I've known a few who went to Paris on seemingly real tickets, from touting sites, to find that UEFA had allowed simple duplication to happen, with minimal editing.

Know enough Liverpool fans, from round that way, that aren't as militant as the internet warrior worriers most seem to encounter.

Also, had a few bad days at Ann's Field, and been chased enough to know they're not all good sons of Liverpool.

Not all are bad eggs. I think we're being drawn in by the nasty Scouse groups and media. Is this really us?
Fair enough but their terrible behaviour over the years has been airbrushed from history by the Dipper loving media. I just can’t stand them as a club and as you say the internet warriors lead by the wankers at Rawk are amongst the most vile out there. Our thread on there is titled “Cheating Bastards” or words to that effect.

I know a couple of decent Dipper fans who are from Greater Manchester but I know more who are absolute cunts who I have nothing to do with.

How is that Cuntish? We did all get to see what we went for.

I was fully aware of Turkish footballs reputation when I booked to go, we fucking won the Treble and all got home!

ENJOY!

How is that Cuntish? We did all get to see what we went for.

I was fully aware of Turkish footballs reputation when I booked to go, we fucking won the Treble and all got home!

ENJOY!
I’m inclined to agree with you on this. Greatest night in the club’s history and I was there to witness it. Was on a complete high after the game so an extra few hours or so to get back to downtown Istanbul wasn’t an issue for me. In no way did it spoil the night and when we got back to the bar in Yenikapi I’d say that was the finest few hours I’ve ever experienced following City.

There was some angry fuckers on the bus though, which was surprising given what we’d just achieved.

I don’t like uefa (understatement of the century) but how did uefa “allow duplication to happen”? The only way I assume duplication happened was by the criminal act of forgery?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.