Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

The area that you can see and was used, is in fact a storage area for all of istanbuls snow ploughs and gritters, bin wagons and other highway machinery, and all waste material from any roadworks is just dumped there and bulldozed out flat but not rolled to make compact. Liverpool mate who was there 2005 said it was exactly the same back then and caused the exact same problems then, so nothing’s been changed since the.

Ha! I did think there were an awful lot parked up! They did use that area as the fanzone and shuttle bus area and must of moved the
municipal vehicles over to a new site as we passed them all on the way in/out.
The attached photos, from in the fanzone, show
the two pylons you can see on the satellite view (over the road to the right) and the cables doglegging from them running almost over the north end of the fanzone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230617-010228_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617-010228_Video Player.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20230617-010157_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617-010157_Video Player.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 118
On hearing of the inhumane treatment of City fans at the Champions League Final Ceferin immediately put down his champagne, got a yellow cab on expenses and made his way back to the stadium. On arriving at the scene he gleefully wound down the window to utter the immortal words....

CQbbyGWWsAUCcyJ.jpg

Last edited:
Feel for those that went on that ridiculously priced one day trip. At least I had a few days either side of the clusterfuck.

I've just read through most of the thread and fuming at the guy commenting that the UEFA lot were already on the freebies in town by 1.30 due to using a different exit. Totally oblivious and unmoved about the chaos only just beginning to unfold outside the stadium. Fucking wankers.
As you came out the stadium at the city end. There was a tarmac’d road that went up over a small hill and down to the main road that all the VIP’s were using. Their cars had to pass City fans around the perimeter road of the stadium to get to it and then had a nice quick exit onto the highway.

Meanwhile all City fans were directed back to the fan park area and then onto the gravel carpark which by the time you got there was total gridlock. It was deliberate from UEFA to shaft the normal fans…. No doubt about it

Last edited:
The area that you can see and was used, is in fact a storage area for all of istanbuls snow ploughs and gritters, bin wagons and other highway machinery, and all waste material from any roadworks is just dumped there and bulldozed out flat but not rolled to make compact. Liverpool mate who was there 2005 said it was exactly the same back then and caused the exact same problems then, so nothing’s been changed since the.
wouww... thanks for the info. i was wondering about 2005

As you came out the stadium at the city end. There was a tarmac’d road that went up over a small hill and down to the main road that all the VIP’s were using. Their cars had to pass City fans around the perimeter road to get to it and a quick exit onto the highway.

Meanwhile all City fans were directed back to the fan park and then onto the gravel carpark which by the time you got there was total gridlock. It was deliberate from UEFA to shaft the normal fans…. No doubt about it

My sense of direction is shit at the best of times. I saw an info tower with 'shuttle buses' and a tiny little arrow. Followed that for a bit only to realise I was the only person going in that direction and did an about turn. Went back via that info tower and inspected it again and there was a tiny arrow above the lettering going one way and one below the lettering pointing the other way. Not centralised by the lettering like common sense would have had it.

After following the rest of the crowd I ended up getting directed by somebody from Sportsworld and told to keep going that way where I eventually encountered 2 coaches to the airport (one of which to each airport and both already full). All the City fans were congregating around those 2 buses assuming that is where they should be and where the queue was. I was confused as there was nothing stating as such so walked around the bus and fortunately bumped into a bus driver who said there were more shuttles further down the car park. Didn't know whether he was lying to get us away or what but took a gamble and sprinted down the car park. Low and behold there was 2 more buses (again one for each airport) and pretty much got the last place on the one to my airport. I was expecting half a dozen of each or something at the very least. Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
There was (as far as I could see) on arrival at the stadium one small sign a foot square each for the two airports and one for fan zone I missed them on the way out and ended on that crazy road where everyone was confused.
My heart went out to the folk in wheelchairs as they just couldn’t move with wheels dug deep in the gravel.
Some tit had allowed taxis into the coach park and it was totally in gridlock.
The day for me was ruined due to ridiculous advice to arrive so early in such heat with no shade no sunscreen with water confiscated and unable to buy any in the ground as the que was the longest I have ever seen in my life.
I missed the goal as I was trying to get water for my mates.
Long story how we got back but getting dropped off after a cabbie ripped us and having to cross a four lane motorway on foot was no fun.
Not a pleasant experience result aside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.