Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

I don't think the shuttle buses were a bad idea.
It makes sense to split the fans up to reduce the risk of trouble.
If they were organises much better it would have been fine. They needed more buses to reduce the numbers on them and some sort of bus lane that stopped them getting stuck with all the other traffic and it would have been fine.
They literally couldn’t have done anything worse if they tried

The car park was gravel (being kind)

Zero organisation as to where to go

Steep in parts, helped to drag people in wheelchairs thru it, UEFA should be embarrassed

All the coaches/taxis/private transfers were facing the stadium so they all had to do a turn/reverse while 5000 fans were walking thru the middle of it

Carpark bottle necked into a road that was at a standsill
Then when you eventually made the tarmac road, it was blocked with loads of taxi’s and people walking down the dual carriage way

UEFA dont give a fuck!! I will boo the fuckers forever

The shuttle buses were a bit useless but I wanted to say Istanbul has been a fantastic host city and the Inter fans are a credit to themselves.
Istanbul is great, the stadium is great. But the transport infrastructure make it totally inadequate as a host city.

It took us two hours to get there, two hours to queue for a burger, and two hours to get back.

That’s 6 hours out of a 12 hour day absolutely unavoidably wasted on being able to watch a 90 minute match.

It was the most diabolically organised event of any kind I’ve ever attended. Anyone who’s seen the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix will see the similarities.

I’ve visited most of the big stadiums in Europe and I’d say the only two that are fit for purpose to host the CL Final is Wembley and the Allianz. Genuinely think those two should just have it on rotation until somewhere else can get their shit together.

Istanbul is great, the stadium is great. But the transport infrastructure make it totally inadequate as a host city.

It took us two hours to get there, two hours to queue for a burger, and two hours to get back.

That’s 6 hours out of a 12 hour day absolutely unavoidably wasted on being able to watch a 90 minute match.

It was the most diabolically organised event of any kind I’ve ever attended. Anyone who’s seen the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix will see the similarities.

I’ve visited most of the big stadiums in Europe and I’d say the only two that are fit for purpose to host the CL Final is Wembley and the Allianz. Genuinely think those two should just have it on rotation until somewhere else can get their shit together.
Thankfully, they are then next two final venues.

Liverpool fans have already started filling out the compensation forms ! They weren’t there it wasn’t there fault but the freeloading twats will try anything!

I don't think the shuttle buses were a bad idea.
It makes sense to split the fans up to reduce the risk of trouble.
If they were organises much better it would have been fine. They needed more buses to reduce the numbers on them and some sort of bus lane that stopped them getting stuck with all the other traffic and it would have been fine.
It’s not rocket science is it.

Just in Antalya waiting for a flight home and checked my email. I’ve got a fan survey from UEFA about my experience at the final as apparently “fans are at the heart of their tournaments”!

I will make sure to fill this in when I get home!

Bus from SAW airport to fanzone at 7 Saturday morning took 2.5 hours. Driver didn’t have a fucking clue where he was going, did a U turn on motorway, had to get a random bloke off the street to jump in and give directions when we eventually got to town.

After the game was a fucking shambles. Didn’t get back to hotel until 4:15. Saw disabled people just left in their chairs by the side of that dirt road.

UEFA are an absolute joke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.