Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

We were told not to use the tube but they were rammed with city, took an hour, decided ( no idea why ) to get an organised ( ha ha ha )coach back which became obvious within 2 mins that no one trying to get on would be back in the city by 4 or 5am so we got a taxi and got back at 2pm drank till 5pm.
All in all its clear the turkish can't organise a piss up in a brewery, but I don't want to let that experience tarnish what was one of the best days of my life.

Heard so many bad things from many, many fellow Blues. Did anyone have an easy journey on the day?

Hope all who had barriers like passports and phone stolen, get back safely.
I feel very lucky - after much deliberation me and my party got the Metro to the game without a hitch at about 3pm, and same on the way back, probably an hour either way. Logic being Metro lines don’t get traffic, roads do, would rather risk a dust up with a Milan fan - never any hint of that from what I could see though - than being stuck on a boiling hot bus. A relative was stuck in the shuttle bus chaos though, described it as like something from Mad Max.

I feel very lucky - after much deliberation me and my party got the Metro to the game without a hitch at about 3pm, and same on the way back, probably an hour either way. Logic being Metro lines don’t get traffic, roads do, would rather risk a dust up with a Milan fan - never any hint of that from what I could see though - than being stuck on a boiling hot bus. A relative was stuck in the shuttle bus chaos though, described it as like something from Mad Max.

We risked getting the Metro after the match as the shuttle buses weren't going near where we were staying. (thank the Lord that we did!). We got a Metro to Mahmutbey and it took about 15 mins, then we had about a 15/20 min walk.

The difference between that and the shitty shuttle bus we got from the airport to the ground was night & day. The shuttle bus just got stuck in traffic and took over 2 hours.

Wish i'd done the same, got back to yenikapi bout 4am. The buses were similair to the ones that take passengers between airport terminals and planes so not really ideal to spend several hours on...

Heard so many bad things from many, many fellow Blues. Did anyone have an easy journey on the day?

All went pretty smoothly for our party of three. Hotel booked 15 mins from the stadium so did the travelling to the Taksim and Besiktas on the Friday and Saturday for a bit of sight seeing and beers mainly using Uber which was really cheap.

On the day of the game got a ferry from besiktas to faith and then jumped on the metro to the game. Full of blues and took about an hour with two changes.

Got in the ground about 6pm and agree that the food outlets queues etc were shocking. Spent an hour queuing for water.

After the game stayed for the majority of the presentation and walk round and then jumped back on the metro. Was back at the hotel within 30 mins.

As much as it was a bit of a pain doing the travelling to the centre on Friday and Saturday was worth it as having the hotel near by made a massive difference.

Feel sorry for all those blues who had bad experiences getting back. It was an absolute shambles by the sound of it.

Had a bit of a long day travelling back to Manchester yesterday but apart from that all good.

Hope all blues get back safe.

Uefa needs to be held account for this shambolic treatment of fans , in very different circumstances they have been proven unfit for purpose. Take them to the highest international courts to expose their incompetence, now!

After visiting the fan park in Yenikapi on Friday and witnessing some appalling service I feared the worst for the matchday organisation so we hopped on the metro there and back....thankfully loads of blues did the same and Inter fans were great.

We got the Metro to the ground after seeing the queue at Yenikapi for the buses, it was quick, easy and no mither from Inter fans. Unfortunately because I was so knackered after two heavy days, after the game we decided not to do the the long walk back to the Metro and get the bus, big fuckin mistake. Stood on a mobile sauna for about 90 minutes before we eventually moved and got back to our hotel at 3am. Had to be up at 5am because were flying from SAW at 8.30am so we had about 1.5 hours sleep.

Had a great time in Istanbul, loved it, until UEFA fucked up the transport. On top of all that, because we had to use a convoluted route with our flights to keep the cost down, we got back to Manchester at 10pm last night. Having said all that I wouldnt have missed it for the world.

Uefa needs to be held account for this shambolic treatment of fans , in very different circumstances they have been proven unfit for purpose. Take them to the highest international courts to expose their incompetence, now!
The only thing these people will listen to is litigation. I know it’s horribly Scouse-esque but get a mydieselclaim.com style ambulance chaser on the case and a class action for those hurt, made ill, no disabled access etc. and at least it shines a spotlight on them. The club can’t/won’t do anything for fear of retaliation. We need compo lawyers of the lowest order on the case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.