Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

In hindsight I should have risked it and gone back with the Inter fans on the Metro. Quite a few City fans did and there were no problems.
Even if the two sets of fans were likely to kick off the solution would be two queues and alternate trains would be City or Inter. It would have required a huge number of shuttles but would probably still have been quicker than the carnage on the buses.
Post-match traffic management would have also helped the buses but that never seemed to occur to anybody in authority.

i have one request from you guys,

there were lots of Ataturk stadiums in turkey since 1923, all over turkey.... they were all great stadiums.
that government (in 2002 they came), changed those names; they dont like the name ''Ataturk''.
but they did not change the name of that shitty olympic stadium. i dont know. maybe they did it on purpose, since it is shityy.
anyway,
you had bad experiences about that stadium, but dont call it Ataturk Stadium pls. ''Ataturk'' name do not deserve to be rememebered with that shitty place. call it Olympic stadium pls, or whatever you want.
thanks.
Does 'that shit stadium' work for you?

Does 'that shit stadium' work for you?
no.... gala used it in 2002-2004 during the construction of new stadium. but since it was so shitty, gala management decided to go back to the old stadium, activated the old stadium again and used it from 2004 to 2011 again.

the stadium is inactive. only a few games is being played with 1000-2000 spectators on average.

I was on that bus that broke down. I thought it was weird that three buses were following were right behind, they must have been in a convoy. I was quite glad they were there though, as soon as we stopped I envisaged some truck ploughing into us or the bus going up in flames, Jolly Boys Outing style.
It was madness.

It's almost as if UEFA delegates get a perverse pleasure in watching the hoi poloy suffer whilst they sit eating grapes and travelling via helicopter.

As you might have seen, I am trying to pull together something comprehensive to take the club/wherever is appropriate. Really appreciate everyone that has sent through their experiences so far.

In regard to your second question, the club did have representatives out in Istanbul before the final on a number of occasions as part of the engagement that UEFA undertake with all clubs that are in the latter stages of the competition. They raised a number of issues, such as the fan park and travel, but ultimately had to trust that UEFA and the local organising committee would rectify them.

I have asked why they haven’t raised it more publicly. In any case, part of the exercise I am undertaking will hopefully mean that they cannot ignore the plight of our supporters last weekend.
You could use this thread as a reference. Surely enough evidence to push it past being a small cohort of anecdotal evidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what pal, I am very proud to be a City fan but I am not proud of the way the club goes about its business administratively. The sucking up to liverpool is a fucking disgrace. The issuing of cup final tickets to supporters clubs members getting priority over cup scheme members and season ticket holders, the acceptance of all the libellous shit that the press throws at us, and now uefa being allowed to treat us like absolute shit. Our fans are the heart of this club and the club are fucking negligent in their operations and safeguarding duties. On the other hand you seem like a really decent bloke, thanks for caring, perhaps ask Danny Wilson why he doesn’t give more of a shit?
The fans are the club. Everyone else is just a short to medium term employee of our club, who work for us.

It's almost as if UEFA delegates get a perverse pleasure in watching the hoi poloy suffer whilst they sit eating grapes and travelling via helicopter.
I do think we should all stop booing the anthem now. A sustained chant of 'bastards...bastards...bastards' feels more appropriate. Followed by a chorus of 'Ceferin is a Psycho, na,na,na,nah'

Rich kids born into wealth like that Ceferin with their shit-eating grins. They'll never get it mate cos they've never suffered a day in their lives, our fans are wasting their time and breath even complaining to City or UEFA. Best just cracking on, all blues stick together and look after each other and continue to boo and throw shit at the suits whenever you see them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.