Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

All comments and observations noted.

How does this now get escalated, and vigorously campaigned beyond UEFA,City & football,to government foreign office level.

Citizens of HMKs Government lives were endangered by 'criminal' negligence, some could have been coming home in body bags.....what then ??

This must not be allowed to die on the hill of apathy.

What to do & how to do it ??
We have a mayor, last time I checked.

Unfortunately, his diary is full busying himself sorting out Evertons points deduction.

I was there in the car park after the game used my brain and got in a taxi got back at 2pm had the best night ever I understand that most fans had a terrible experience after the game and some before, but can I ask what it is you want from any inquiry is it money you want or an apology nothing will take away the pure joy I felt after the game and still today.
Acknowledgment, in public, from City and UEFA, that our supporters were treated like cattle after the match. An apology from UEFA for totally failing in their duty of care.

Listen, me and my party of 20-odd had the time of our lives and have laughed about the events before the game, shit happens. What happened after the game was beyond a laugh.

What the fuck has happened to our Mancunian soul? We're anti-establishment, we look after the less fortunate, we don't cow-tail to faceless bureaucrats. Fuck me, if Emily Pankhurst was fighting for women's rights in this day and age, we'd still be clubbing them on their heads in 10 years.

Sorry, "I'm all right Jack" just doesn't cut it with me.

This isn't about the "craic" though and "it wasn't an issue for me" is a pretty shit way of dismissing fellow Blues for whom it was a very big issue. Those less fortunate than the majority, those less able than the majority and those of advancing years, who were put in danger by an organisation who are not fit to stage these global events.

It's about OUR club not publicly acknowledging the dangerous position City fans were presented with, primarily after the match. Its about OUR club cosying up to UEFA and disregarding the genuine concerns of its supporters. Its about OUR club selling us down the river, as it does now on a regular basis.

It's also about the safeguarding of future Blues. We will no doubt be in many more CL finals over the next few decades. UEFA have now been given a free pass to treat City's support in any which way they choose, because OUR club were complicite in brushing the events of Istanbul 2023, under the UEFA carpet.

So, in 50 years time, when you are less able and faced with a wasteland of a buspark with no lighting, or signage, or UEFA stewarding, or water.....just remember it could've been so different if only OUR club had stood side by side with its supporters in 2024.
65 years old, confined to a wheelchair. It was a fucking big issue for me. Spoilt what should have been the greatest night in my support of City. Thank heavens for City and particularly Rodri, they made it worthwhile.

All comments and observations noted.

How does this now get escalated, and vigorously campaigned beyond UEFA,City & football,to government foreign office level.

Citizens of HMKs Government lives were endangered by 'criminal' negligence, some could have been coming home in body bags.....what then ??

This must not be allowed to die on the hill of apathy.

What to do & how to do it ??
Your MP?

I think some of the comments on here from the "I had a great fcking time so fck you and stop moaning" are a disgrace.

I remember many times when I was just a skinny kid in the wrong place being helped out by fellow blues.

Some people seem to have forgotten about the basic human feeling to help and look out for others. It is well sad.

I think some of the comments on here from the "I had a great fcking time so fck you and stop moaning" are a disgrace.

I remember many times when I was just a skinny kid in the wrong place being helped out by fellow blues.

Some people seem to have forgotten about the basic human feeling to help and look out for others. It is well sad.
This and only this!.
Over the years I ve been in plenty of scrapes where I ve been helped out - Middlesboro / Everton / Liverpool in particular away over the years, and I ve helped others out when needed.

Yes that night and the result was one of the greatest nights (not just sporting nights of my life, and to share it with my 17 year old was magnificent.

But UEFA fecked it all up and badly - particularly for the older fans and certainly for the disabled who I'm sure moved heaven and earth to get there.

Don't forget that the measure of a society is how you treat the most vulnerable - and on that that night UEFA was a micro society (can't bring myself to call it as they do a family).

My lad tore his miniscus at Under 21s 4 weeks out from the final. So we travelled and he was on crutches. He s young fit and strong - so he was pretty much ok until after the game.

He got a bit of preferential in the queues which also meant we were travelling among some of the more vulnerable fans.

The disabled section was under shade at the fan zone but ... getting there for anyone with mobility issues was clearly a nightmare over the freshly laid and unfinished and crumbling ashphalt.

The toilet facility for anyone with mobility issues was disgraceful. The lack of water anywhere and when it was available it was crazy pricing. A bloke sat next to me at the fan park was feeling particularly faint - he was it turns out diabetic and clearly struggling - I gave him my full sugar coke to help him out a bit - he d had no fluids at all on the 2.5 hour bus ride as they werent allowing any on the bus.

Everyone knows the shit show that was at the stadium.

After we left plenty of good time to get the buses - but as was clear - no stewarding, few signs, no control - its only because of the patience and sensiblility of our fans and Inters that nothing worse happened.

We managed to get on a massively packed bus as the driver took pity on my lad because of the crutches (thanks if you were on that bus).

But in the free for all we saw plenty of blues helping each other - especially elderly and infirm - because we all recognised it was terrible.

I ve been to major events all over the world for 40 plus years and this was by far the poorest organisation I ve ever come across.

No effective stewarding, no effective policing, no suitable facilities, no regard for public safety, no shit given!

Unless... you were anything other than an ordinary fan supporting your team, when you'd have experienced nothing of the above.

And since that glorious night in June - not one word of acknowledgement from our beloved club.

You d expect it from UEFA they learnt nothing from Paris and will learn nothing from Istanbul.

But the club... come on City this shouldnt just get swept under the carpet.

Well done Alex for collating everything and making a big effort for some recognition of what people endured on what should have been the night of nights ( and despite everything for some of us really still was)

This and only this!.
Over the years I ve been in plenty of scrapes where I ve been helped out - Middlesboro / Everton / Liverpool in particular away over the years, and I ve helped others out when needed.

Yes that night and the result was one of the greatest nights (not just sporting nights of my life, and to share it with my 17 year old was magnificent.

But UEFA fecked it all up and badly - particularly for the older fans and certainly for the disabled who I'm sure moved heaven and earth to get there.

Don't forget that the measure of a society is how you treat the most vulnerable - and on that that night UEFA was a micro society (can't bring myself to call it as they do a family).

My lad tore his miniscus at Under 21s 4 weeks out from the final. So we travelled and he was on crutches. He s young fit and strong - so he was pretty much ok until after the game.

He got a bit of preferential in the queues which also meant we were travelling among some of the more vulnerable fans.

The disabled section was under shade at the fan zone but ... getting there for anyone with mobility issues was clearly a nightmare over the freshly laid and unfinished and crumbling ashphalt.

The toilet facility for anyone with mobility issues was disgraceful. The lack of water anywhere and when it was available it was crazy pricing. A bloke sat next to me at the fan park was feeling particularly faint - he was it turns out diabetic and clearly struggling - I gave him my full sugar coke to help him out a bit - he d had no fluids at all on the 2.5 hour bus ride as they werent allowing any on the bus.

Everyone knows the shit show that was at the stadium.

After we left plenty of good time to get the buses - but as was clear - no stewarding, few signs, no control - its only because of the patience and sensiblility of our fans and Inters that nothing worse happened.

We managed to get on a massively packed bus as the driver took pity on my lad because of the crutches (thanks if you were on that bus).

But in the free for all we saw plenty of blues helping each other - especially elderly and infirm - because we all recognised it was terrible.

I ve been to major events all over the world for 40 plus years and this was by far the poorest organisation I ve ever come across.

No effective stewarding, no effective policing, no suitable facilities, no regard for public safety, no shit given!

Unless... you were anything other than an ordinary fan supporting your team, when you'd have experienced nothing of the above.

And since that glorious night in June - not one word of acknowledgement from our beloved club.

You d expect it from UEFA they learnt nothing from Paris and will learn nothing from Istanbul.

But the club... come on City this shouldnt just get swept under the carpet.

Well done Alex for collating everything and making a big effort for some recognition of what people endured on what should have been the night of nights ( and despite everything for some of us really still was)
Well said pal. Pretty much says it all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.