Istanbul Pre-match Dinner with Dickov, Bishop & Pearce

Can someone ask Pierce how he come to the conclusion that Gary Oneil should be Manager of the season," As stated on Talkshite "
It's all relative isn't it. Tremendous achievement keeping a club the size of Bournemouth in the Premiership. Not all about winning.

Calling Pearce a disaster when he did okay is ridiculous. He saw us to the promised land, and wouldn't wasn't all about the money like the PD who we were lumbered with.
Only time I ever questioned whether I could be arsed with getting a season ticket was under SP. If it wasn't for the social side of it I probably wouldn't have bothered. Clueless doesn't do him justice.

Only time I ever questioned whether I could be arsed with getting a season ticket was under SP. If it wasn't for the social side of it I probably wouldn't have bothered. Clueless doesn't do him justice.
He was on improvement on Keegan post 2003, Ball, Royle etc.

Short memories.

He was on improvement on Keegan post 2003, Ball, Royle etc.

Short memories.
I think all those managers were fighting losing battles for one reason or another, perhaps with the exception of Keegan whose ambitions outstripped his own talent as a coach and the clubs finances but had been backed enough to see us as a stable upper premier league side. Loved the football under him but no pragmatism when it came to the teams limitations and seemed to give up. Would argue Royle was a decent manager but by the time we landed back in the Premier league it had moved on from the dogs of war in midfield and the long quick ball to the big guy up front to hold onto till the cavalry arrived.

Ball - had a talented group of players who I can only think absolutely hated him and ignored most of what he had to say. Enjoyable at times because of the talent in the team but doomed by the start (1 draw and 7 defeats ?)

Pearce to be fair got the job because we probably could not afford anyone else but he had zero talent for it and think we were held together by Dunne, Distin and Barton. I bare him no ill will because the issues were all at board level but I have never watched such dire football. Have been more depressed watching city but that was under Frank Clark.

Thank god for whatever curse we were under being lifted but would not want to sit listening to Pearce go on about his stuffed donkey or his masterstroke of converting James to a forward because it just left us open to more piss takes from the national press and opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.