It’s time to banish the miserable gits

Be grateful it was at an away match and you're unlikely to be near him again
Some people will have him every week in their home seats.
He might even tell them on the next home match that there was some bloke kept looking round at him, and sharing strange glances with other fans and it made him feel uncomfortable at his age.

All.blues together even those who act a bit different.
When I had a season ticket in the early days at COMS this guy who sat near me was so unbelievably miserable. To make matters worse the bloke in front of him was almost as bad and they would Bond over their collective misery every match.
If I said I'd never moaned/ had a rant at a match I would clearly be lying and I know City then certainly weren't the City they are now.. but FFS why go if it makes you feel that bad?
Seriously I don't know how they would have been able to cope with the last decade or so!
Still, as you say it takes all sorts to make up a football crowd doesn't it!

No issue with a good old moan what I can’t stand is when anyone thinks it’s okay to verbally abuse players during a match…like thats going to make them suddenly play better and make better decisions.

I’m happy to be shot down on this. There are plenty of folk who think that paying their entrance fee gives them the right to say anything during the match - but there has to be a limit.
The miserable old git behind me at Palace spent 90 minutes slagging off the whole team and style of play. Not a positive word came out of his mouth. He did not join in with the chants that can motivate the players.
Others around me shrugged their shoulders and bit their lip but, like me, said nothing to him. A bit like the way racists used to be tolerated, but not called out.
We should unite against the miserable gits, tell them to change or bugger off to somewhere where they have every reason to be miserable- the swamp perhaps.
Then replace them with appreciative vocal fans who can raise the collective mood, even on days when things don’t go so well.
There are still too many. It's their profession.

When I had a season ticket in the early days at COMS this guy who sat near me was so unbelievably miserable. To make matters worse the bloke in front of him was almost as bad and they would Bond over their collective misery every match.
If I said I'd never moaned/ had a rant at a match I would clearly be lying and I know City then certainly weren't the City they are now.. but FFS why go if it makes you feel that bad?
Seriously I don't know how they would have been able to cope with the last decade or so!
Still, as you say it takes all sorts to make up a football crowd doesn't it!
We had this bloke behind us in the seated Kippax for however many years it lasted. We got moved to the new ground and sat quite happy in our new seats until we heard a familiar cry at its usual two minutes after the whistle 'come on, girls' and there he was in the correspondence seat with his mate with his programme pristine in a plastic envelope for the Solicitors Magazine.
I bet some people on the half way line@first few seats of EL3 can remember the irritating 'come on girls' shout. He was just a Blue, same as us but different. One of us but not like us.
I hope he is still going,

We had this bloke behind us in the seated Kippax for however many years it lasted. We got moved to the new ground and sat quite happy in our new seats until we heard a familiar cry at its usual two minutes after the whistle 'come on, girls' and there he was in the correspondence seat with his mate with his programme pristine in a plastic envelope for the Solicitors Magazine.
I bet some people on the half way line@first few seats of EL3 can remember the irritating 'come on girls' shout. He was just a Blue, same as us but different. One of us but not like us.
I hope he is still going,
Remember this bloke I used to chat to in the Social Club at Maine Road in the mid/late 80s. Nice guy, very loyal ,home and away almost every match and really liked a real drink and a real moan! Always remember s straight after the Huddersfield 10:1 he said without a trace of irony 'terrible decision, never a penalty' (their goal was ofcourse from the spot that day! )

that was constructive. he was talking shite.
on Pep nothing will convince me that he's as good as the sheep make out. he's good but throws games with his ego.
I have no desire to get into any argument with you but I really don’t get your last comment. I’ve only been on here a relative short period of time and I know you have been here for many years plus i have read posts regarding your long term/time support for city. For that I will always hold people like yourself with the utmost respect.

I’ve seen a few posts over the last year and in particular with respect to the champions league final about pep throwing that game or throwing other games.
As a pep sheep I can not get on board with that way of thinking.
Do you mind if I ask what makes you think he threw that game or any other game.

Like I say I have no wish to get on an argument with you or coke across as patronising towards you I’m just curious.

Regards.

Can we also ban happy clappers and the worse of all fan boys?

I could not believe some of the comments on here from posters supporting players that did not even play for our club in earlier transfer windows, particularly when it came to Grealish, Kane and Messi, all very sad.

We are truly blessed to support this great club and side but no one is beyond criticism, as long as it's constructive, when anyone is above that decline happens as we have seen across the road.

Now you've gone and done it OP, they'll be moaning about this for weeks now. It's a full time occupation(moaning) for some, they are never happier than when they are telling everyone how everything is going to shit, we will win nothing, X player needs to be sold and Pep is a bald fraud.

I'm constantly reminded of this guy, when I see people so intent on dragging everyone else into despair with them, at the earliest opportunity:

I hate those films, that doesn't happen in the fucking book :(

I have no desire to get into any argument with you but I really don’t get your last comment. I’ve only been on here a relative short period of time and I know you have been here for many years plus i have read posts regarding your long term/time support for city. For that I will always hold people like yourself with the utmost respect.

I’ve seen a few posts over the last year and in particular with respect to the champions league final about pep throwing that game or throwing other games.
As a pep sheep I can not get on board with that way of thinking.
Do you mind if I ask what makes you think he threw that game or any other game.

Like I say I have no wish to get on an argument with you or coke across as patronising towards you I’m just curious.

Regards.
It will make it easier if you don't think 'throwing the game' is meant in the cheating sense of 'throwing the fight' in boxing.

He means (I think) for example not making any subs v Palace because he (Pep) believes (ie his ego) that his system was working perfectly as we were battering Palace with possession football and chance creation.

The fact that he could have put one of the two guys who have scored 200+ goals for City on the pitch at any point in the last 20 minutes just to switch it up a little is akin to 'throwing the game' away.

Anyway that was my take on his comment :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.