It’s time to banish the miserable gits

Mate I've been going since 1968 and it's always been like this. I have no idea how old you are but given the rollercoaster of mainly misery we have suffered over the years I'm surprised most of us older fans haven't been diagnosed with PTSD lol.

It's a defense mechanism for many. They think the more they moan it will swing the tide of fortune our way, that the god's will take pity and let us win, like reverse psychology.

When I'm at games I might moan and groan a bit ( Which the players can't hear) but I'm 100% behind them with loud shouts, singing and chanting. Mind you I can't relax until we're at least 3-0 up, old habits die hard.

WOW if you slag the team or a player off now you are racist.
I’m happy to be shot down on this. There are plenty of folk who think that paying their entrance fee gives them the right to say anything during the match - but there has to be a limit.
The miserable old git behind me at Palace spent 90 minutes slagging off the whole team and style of play. Not a positive word came out of his mouth. He did not join in with the chants that can motivate the players.
Others around me shrugged their shoulders and bit their lip but, like me, said nothing to him. A bit like the way racists used to be tolerated, but not called out.
We should unite against the miserable gits, tell them to change or bugger off to somewhere where they have every reason to be miserable- the swamp perhaps.
Then replace them with appreciative vocal fans who can raise the collective mood, even on days when things don’t go so well.

I’m happy to be shot down on this. There are plenty of folk who think that paying their entrance fee gives them the right to say anything during the match - but there has to be a limit.
The miserable old git behind me at Palace spent 90 minutes slagging off the whole team and style of play. Not a positive word came out of his mouth. He did not join in with the chants that can motivate the players.
Others around me shrugged their shoulders and bit their lip but, like me, said nothing to him. A bit like the way racists used to be tolerated, but not called out.
We should unite against the miserable gits, tell them to change or bugger off to somewhere where they have every reason to be miserable- the swamp perhaps.
Then replace them with appreciative vocal fans who can raise the collective mood, even on days when things don’t go so well.
thought when i saw the title you meant banning them from bluemoon,theres plenty on here ,if you feel that strongly turn round and tell him to stop fucking whining, no point coming on here and having a whinge yourself with people who cant do anything about it, if someone was pissing me off whinging id tell them

I would say a fair proportion of any football crowd enjoys a good moan. It's traditional. Whether this is an English thing I'm not sure, but if you look at any local paper's comment section this country is full of moaning gits who criticise everything. Particularly stuff they know SFA about. I suspect that if everyone was given a million quid, there'd be some who'd say the lazy git/immigrant/single mother down the road should be excluded. Positivity is rare, cynicism commonplace.

I was always wondering if @Fordyboy46 had enough loyalty points . . . :)

It was a frustrating match but two posts hit, a missed sitter or two, relatively few sniffs from them . . . we've seen this movie countless times before and TBH Palace has been playing us tough and has improved their discipline. I am sure a nice Monday evening out (or in my case a four-Boddy lunch) would have been improved with a win but a point away, no new injuries, a clean sheet and some exciting moments all would have helped offset my pain some had I been there in the flesh.

There will always be this type and it smacks of being spoiled rotten but based on the TV sound our away support was as usual in tremendous voice, so one bad apple shouldn't spoil the bunch, etc.

Mate I've been going since 1968 and it's always been like this. I have no idea how old you are but given the rollercoaster of mainly misery we have suffered over the years I'm surprised most of us older fans haven't been diagnosed with PTSD lol.

It's a defense mechanism for many. They think the more they moan it will swing the tide of fortune our way, that the god's will take pity and let us win, like reverse psychology.

When I'm at games I might moan and groan a bit ( Which the players can't hear) but I'm 100% behind them with loud shouts, singing and chanting. Mind you I can't relax until we're at least 3-0 up, old habits die hard.
3-0 up with 30 seconds to play?!! Then I relax but I don’t moan just keep cheering and singing the Boys in Blue never give in. They fight to the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.