It’s time to banish the miserable gits

My Grandad was the best moaner I’ve ever met, he was relentless, he never missed a game though and he would defend City to the death if anyone from another club had the temerity to slag us off… !!
He died in 1982 but I know for a fact he would have moaned that bloke out of the ground last night.. Was he any less of a fan ?? I think not, just a miserable, moaning, lifelong, old Blue bastard .. RIP Grandad :-)

We could be 7-0 up in a derby and humiliating the rags and one misplaced pass would get diaproval and criticism from many blues witnessing it.

It has been that way the near 40yrs I have been watching us, we love to moan, but at the same time love our club, team and each other without question.

Listening to some random bert scream "That was fucking rubbish" after a stray second ball and then bouncing round like a daft twat minutes later when Kev has curled in a screamer is never a bad sight to see.

I would hate if we became anything but what we are, a funny old bunch.

And around my block now and before that in the many years in the kippax, any moaning **** will/would get sarcasm back off those around or a jokey back and forth, never seen fellow blues shy to not tell someone to calm down or have a laugh at some cranky fucker.

Last edited:
Get used to it. This run in is going to be a roller coaster of emotions, mainly nerves. It makes people say things that wouldn’t normally.

A bit of leeway is needed.

I’m happy to be shot down on this. There are plenty of folk who think that paying their entrance fee gives them the right to say anything during the match - but there has to be a limit.
The miserable old git behind me at Palace spent 90 minutes slagging off the whole team and style of play. Not a positive word came out of his mouth. He did not join in with the chants that can motivate the players.
Others around me shrugged their shoulders and bit their lip but, like me, said nothing to him. A bit like the way racists used to be tolerated, but not called out.
We should unite against the miserable gits, tell them to change or bugger off to somewhere where they have every reason to be miserable- the swamp perhaps.
Then replace them with appreciative vocal fans who can raise the collective mood, even on days when things don’t go so well.
Sometimes you don’t know what’s going on in someone’s life. He could have been having a bad time of it and it came out in his “support” of the team last night. I’ve had spells in my life where I’ve been stressed or things are shit and I’m more vociferous in my support at matches, moaning at the ref, calling the opposition cunts just for being there, and moaning at our players.

But it does have to be said that some people just find fault in everything and ignore the positives, week-after-week. They don’t know how to support the team in any other way than to moan like fuck. My Father is one of them which drives my Mother to despair to the point she’s banished him from the living room at their house so she can enjoy the game with the dog! My Mother is so sick of his moaning, she makes me take him to all the cheaper cup games (he can’t afford a season card anymore nor the mad priced games) so he’s not spreading any negativity in the house haha

Nowt worse than people who only pick out the negatives and take no joy in the game. I even enjoyed last night… yes, disappointed with not winning but it’s a point more than we had before the game and we did create a lot of chances. We’ve played worse than that and won!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone who has responded. The post was cathartic and most of you have cheered me up. I've nothing against the people who whine a bit - that's their right. It's the folk who keep it up for 90 minutes that do my head in.
Extra thanks to the people who could see that I am not comparing moaners with racists.
I wish I was smart enough to come up with a witty sarcastic put down for the future. I'll work on that.
And yeah - Rosamund Pike for me - every time.

I’m happy to be shot down on this. There are plenty of folk who think that paying their entrance fee gives them the right to say anything during the match - but there has to be a limit.
The miserable old git behind me at Palace spent 90 minutes slagging off the whole team and style of play. Not a positive word came out of his mouth. He did not join in with the chants that can motivate the players.
Others around me shrugged their shoulders and bit their lip but, like me, said nothing to him. A bit like the way racists used to be tolerated, but not called out.
We should unite against the miserable gits, tell them to change or bugger off to somewhere where they have every reason to be miserable- the swamp perhaps.
Then replace them with appreciative vocal fans who can raise the collective mood, even on days when things don’t go so well.
Pays his money like everyone ekse and has a right to his own opinion as do people on here . This is a good forum but is let down by people refusing to say a bad word against players underperforming and pep when he makes a balls up like not using subs to change the last night . If your at work and you fuck up you get roasted for if so they are no different . .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.