It’s time to banish the miserable gits

No it isn't, he compared the way people let them say stuff unchallenged the way people don't challenge racists completely different.

Why mention racists? Why couch the suggestion with the treatment of racists?

I completely disagree, and I wont be the only one to disagree with your take on it.

I’m happy to be shot down on this. There are plenty of folk who think that paying their entrance fee gives them the right to say anything during the match - but there has to be a limit.
The miserable old git behind me at Palace spent 90 minutes slagging off the whole team and style of play. Not a positive word came out of his mouth. He did not join in with the chants that can motivate the players.
Others around me shrugged their shoulders and bit their lip but, like me, said nothing to him. A bit like the way racists used to be tolerated, but not called out.
We should unite against the miserable gits, tell them to change or bugger off to somewhere where they have every reason to be miserable- the swamp perhaps.
Then replace them with appreciative vocal fans who can raise the collective mood, even on days when things don’t go so well.
There have always been moaners at football matches, some i remember from my youth were hilarious but they were quietened by the crowd noise.
The problem today is that crowds are so fucking quiet that the moaners can be heard all the time

Being in the ground is a release - you get out your frustrations. Personally I don't see how it helps being negative about the players, but I get why people are sometimes (and I have been too, sometimes). I've been in the ground where players (our players) have got dogs abuse though - never quite gone that far

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.