It hasn't upset me as much as I thought I would

I wonder how Pep feels. I wonder if he privately thinks "shit, fucked up here". I wonder if it makes him want it more with us or wants to take a break.
I wonder if he looks at some of the players and thinks "ffs you were shit".

Just curious

I wonder how Pep feels. I wonder if he privately thinks "shit, fucked up here". I wonder if it makes him want it more with us or wants to take a break.

Just curious
He probably blames himself but most of his anger should be directed at the players. If pep is having an off day the players fold. He needs to almost draw a perfect map for them to win. A few of our players are overhyped and not good enough at decisive moments. The champions league is all about the star man stepping up. The closest we have is Kev and Phil. He is a victim of his own success. Collectively he had the team purring but when we needed the individual to step up they all went into hiding.

I’ve had time to think about this a bit more.

I could be wrong but back to the OP saying they don’t ‘care’ might be the wrong term.
‘Hasn’t affected me as much’ might work better.

Of course we all care. We are all City fans. We wouldn’t be fans if we didn’t.

However- if we are able to remove ourselves from the banter we get from our mates who aren’t fans and the media etc then I honestly think it’s not so bad we lost.

Yes, it’s a monkey on our backs etc but if the media didn’t enjoy rubbing it in so much I think this would be a less bitter pill to swallow.

Yup. Pep may have gotten it wrong. Yup it’s annoying we didn’t perform yup it’s a shame etc.

The rags were keen to point out we won the title in covid times. Not proper etc but they seem to be pointing out we haven’t won the CL and suddenly the pandemic is not relevant in this argument. In short. They’re idiots.

So yeah. We all care. But I can understand why some are not as emotionally charged as we have been when we have lost other stuff.

We all know it’s been a bonkers year and we all know that it would be nice but it would be nicer if we can do it ‘properly’ to a full stadium etc etc.

Fact is- it would have been amazing to win it but I’d take it next year if we could chose. Win it to a full house and be done with.

After the dippers won the press shut up about it once the next season started. The same will happen with Chelsea. Let them have their parade. We got our own to have.

I’m very much not arsed anymore about it. I hope it’s taken by pep and the team as a positive and they remember how it felt to lose next time they hit a final.

I’ve no one round here to give me shit, thankfully, I have resolutely refused to look at the Beeb website (which I suppose is jubilant), haven’t listened to radio, and my sole contact with any form of social media is this very forum (which, truth to tell, I’ve found a bit depressing in its reactions — people are hurting, I know that). All that has helped.
If anyone has had any shit off dippers or rags about “European royalty” guff, please give it back to them with both barrels. We are champions, by twelve points. They won nothing this year.

Just curious
I just hope after the success he's brought us in these abnormal times, he takes a bloody big chill pill and has a great, extra long, happy holiday with his family.
Cheers Pep !

Just curious

I’m convinced he’s planning right now how to get this trophy, and with and for City. The man doesn’t know how to switch off. That’s what makes him the most extraordinary manager we’re ever likely to have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.