It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfers

Re: It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfe

Pogba can't go on the B list - you have to have been at a club for at least 2 years to be eligible.

Disagree about Pogba, spent 2 years 9 months in an academy in this country ie the rags, if we signed him today within three months he would have spent the full three years and be under classed as under 21 as far as regs concerned. The period of time in an academy does not have to be continuous, so as far as I am concerned he classes to go on a B list for both CL and Prem League squads. I might be wrong but that is my interpretation.

Rammyblues said:
Disagree about Pogba, spent 2 years 9 months in an academy in this country ie the rags, if we signed him today within three months he would have spent the full three years and be under classed as under 21 as far as regs concerned. The period of time in an academy does not have to be continuous, so as far as I am concerned he classes to go on a B list for both CL and Prem League squads. I might be wrong but that is my interpretation.

You're mixing up homegrown and B list. Pogba could count as homegrown if we signed him early enough (I understand), but he can't be on the B list as that's for players under 21 at the start of the calendar year who've been at their club for at least 2 years.

This is the important bit

The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown. An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

U21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players/squad.
For the 2014/15 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1993.

Paul Pogba
Footballer
Paul Labile Pogba is a French international footballer who plays for Italian club Juventus in Serie A. He operates primarily as a midfielder and is comfortable at playing both in attack and defence. Wikipedia
Born: March 15, 1993 (age 21), Lagny-sur-Marne, France

He was under 21 before 1st January turning 21 in March 2013. He spent 2 years 9 months at the rags, the end of the current season during which he turns 21 will be 2014/2015 therefore he qualifies for the B list in prem and B list for CL because it is the same criteria.

Like I say I could be wrong and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, not really too fussed just pleased someone took the time to read my bloody long post to be honest. We might not even sign the bugger so it may be a wasted exercise anyway. :-)

Rammyblues said:
This is the important bit

The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown. An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

U21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players/squad.
For the 2014/15 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1993.

Paul Pogba
Footballer
Paul Labile Pogba is a French international footballer who plays for Italian club Juventus in Serie A. He operates primarily as a midfielder and is comfortable at playing both in attack and defence. Wikipedia
Born: March 15, 1993 (age 21), Lagny-sur-Marne, France

He was under 21 before 1st January turning 21 in March 2013. He spent 2 years 9 months at the rags, the end of the current season during which he turns 21 will be 2014/2015 therefore he qualifies for the B list in prem and B list for CL because it is the same criteria.

Like I say I could be wrong and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, not really too fussed just pleased someone took the time to read my bloody long post to be honest. We might not even sign the bugger so it may be a wasted exercise anyway. :-)

The criteria isn't the same.

Those are the Premier League regulations and you're right in saying that he needn't be registered in our 25 man squad for that. However, for the CL B list the regulations are:

Conditions for registration: List B

18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on the day before the match in question.

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1993 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

Pogba fails the part italicised. Therefore, to play him in the Champions League, he'd have to be in the A list, for which his transfer fee would be included in our spend. In the A list, he would theoretically count as an association trained player though, providing we signed him so he could accrue enough time at City to make his time in England up to 3 years.

What a joke, too many clowns here

Wtf replace YaYa with Fernando are you fucken mental

Dispatch the mind police we got some crack heads on the loose, lay off the Krocodil

Quote:
Conditions for registration: List B

18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on the day before the match in question.

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1993 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

Pogba fails the part italicised. Therefore, to play him in the Champions League, he'd have to be in the A list, for which his transfer fee would be included in our spend. In the A list, he would theoretically count as an association trained player though, providing we signed him so he could accrue enough time at City to make his time in England up to 3 years.

Yep just checked you are correct and original post subsequently edited. Apologies offered. :-)

NEIL ASHTON Excluive:

David Luiz on the brink of sensational switch to PSG with Chelsea star set to become world's most expensive defender in mega deal close to £50million

* The Chelsea star is set to join Paris St Germain in the next 48 hours
* Exact terms are still to be settled between the two clubs
* Luiz would become the world's most expensive defender in a deal close to £50m
* Sources in Paris say PSG had to move quick to beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich
* Diego Costa is top of Chelsea's wish-list for next season

Read more: [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z32UVbizbN[/url]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

£50m for Luiz, madness.

FFP???? 49m spending cap??

sam-caddick said:
NEIL ASHTON Excluive:

David Luiz on the brink of sensational switch to PSG with Chelsea star set to become world's most expensive defender in mega deal close to £50million

* The Chelsea star is set to join Paris St Germain in the next 48 hours
* Exact terms are still to be settled between the two clubs
* Luiz would become the world's most expensive defender in a deal close to £50m
* Sources in Paris say PSG had to move quick to beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich
* Diego Costa is top of Chelsea's wish-list for next season

Read more: [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z32UVbizbN[/url]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

£50m for Luiz, madness.

FFP???? 49m spending cap??
Only £20m is for Luiz, the other £30m is to have "Fuck you Platini" carved into the moon

Rammyblues said:
Spent enough time looking at the CL squad maybe now is the time to start thinking about the makeup of the prem league squad because as far as that is concerned we have no restrictions.

Thinking back to last year when Pellers was appointed he always stated wanted two players for each position. Given what is on the front page of the transfer forum and looking at where we need to strengthen it seems to me that the make up of our squad for next year is going to look something like this:- (Proviso that Yaya, Milner and Pants all stay at the club)

GKs.............................................Hart/Pants

Zab/Sagna..................Komps/New CB......................Demichelis/Nastisic................Kolorov/Clichy

Navas/Milner.....................Yaya/Fernandhino/New DM........................Nasri/Silva

.................................Negredo/Aguero/Dzeko/Jovetic

17 Foreign players Nasty on the B list so doesn't count for next year.
3 Homegrown players.

Players out Garcia, Barry, Lescott,Richards, Sinclair.

If we want another homegrown player in there to make it up to a complete 22 man squad we will need another homegrown player in, so my attention is immediately drawn in midfield to either Barkley/Fabregas/Pogba. If we want another foreign player we will need to sell a foreign player and again looking at first page of transfer forum it seems Dzeko or Kolorov have attracted more attention than any others. If Kolorov maybe Cole or Shaw to replace they would also be homegrown if Dzeko can we really afford to lose him and his goals but with a 25m bid and the player in last year of his contract should we cash in and simply go with three strikers. If Yaya can get his respect back, didn't he state he would love to be be played in striker position.

If Milner wants out and he goes we will need another wide player, two spring to mind that being either Di Maria or Pedro to operate on the left. If this were to happen then the squad could end up like this:-

GKs.............................................Hart/Pants

Zab/Sagna..................Komps/New CB......................Demichelis/Nastisic................Kolorov/Clichy

Navas/New winger.....................Fernandhino/New DM/ Homegrown Attack Midfield x 2........................Nasri/Silva

.................................Yaya/Negredo/Aguero/Jovetic

Question would that be a better squad than we have at the moment presuming

CB = Benatia/Mangala
New Attack midfield to include 1 out of Fabregas/Pogba/Barkley and promote Lopes from academy.
New DM = Fernando
New winger = Pedro/Di Maria.

Outgoings in addition to the 5 mentioned above to include Milner and Dzeko.

Dzeko 25m
Milner 10m
Sinclair 2m
Garcia 8m
Richards 5m
Barry 2m
Lescott free

Total revenue in = 52m (approx)

Incomings

Pogba -35m
Pedro -30m
Benatia -30m
Fernando -16m

Total 106m (approx) - 52m (approx) = 54m (approx) outlay no restrictions on FFP re premier league squad,

:-)

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, I'm only writing to compliment you on your organizational skills. Any chance you tidy up people's storage spaces for them, and live on the Pacific coast of the United States?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.