It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfers

Re: It is oh so quiet in here thread for 2014 summer transfe

Vicky Kloss, our Head of PR/Director of Communications is on holiday until the 9th of June which is this Monday. I'd be surprised if we officially signed somebody without our Chief PR guru there to peddle it around.

Damocles said:
Vicky Kloss, our Head of PR/Director of Communications is on holiday until the 9th of June which is this Monday. I'd be surprised if we officially signed somebody without our Chief PR guru there to peddle it around.

PRO cycling thread?

I can see a lot of posters in the various threads flapping as usual and some of them have a real wiff of ragginess about their posts. Seems the major talking point is Chelsea and their targets and the fact they seem to be getting them in early. IMO I ain't that bothered as long as we get the right players, for the job needed. We have an almost perfectly balanced squad and although it is always tempting to get carried away with the likes of Fabregas type players I am confident that who we will bring in will be the real deal for us.

Chelsea should be stronger, Liverpool and the rags too. I also suspect Arsenal and the rest of the teams will aim to strengthen as well. I don't give a toss because we don't need a wholesale change just some tinkering and when the transfer window is over I suspect this years squad will be stronger and more able to compete than last years.

Have a little faith in our management.

Rammyblues said:
I can see a lot of posters in the various threads flapping as usual and some of them have a real wiff of ragginess about their posts. Seems the major talking point is Chelsea and their targets and the fact they seem to be getting them in early. IMO I ain't that bothered as long as we get the right players, for the job needed. We have an almost perfectly balanced squad and although it is always tempting to get carried away with the likes of Fabregas type players I am confident that who we will bring in will be the real deal for us.

Chelsea should be stronger, Liverpool and the rags too. I also suspect Arsenal and the rest of the teams will aim to strengthen as well. I don't give a toss because we don't need a wholesale change just some tinkering and when the transfer window is over I suspect this years squad will be stronger and more able to compete than last years.

Well said mate I agree with everything you have said - I have said for two years we need a world class centre back and as good as Fabregas may be and however reasonable the price we need to prioritise - Fernando Sagna and a quality back up keeper are the most important signings we can make this summer. Anything else is a bonus.

Monkchester said:
Rammyblues said:

Well said mate I agree with everything you have said - I have said for two years we need a world class centre back and as good as Fabregas may be and however reasonable the price we need to prioritise - Fernando Sagna and a quality back up keeper are the most important signings we can make this summer. Anything else is a bonus.

All very well if we just want to stagnate or improve only slightly. But as Chelsea weren't that far behind and have signed players which will improve them hugely we should be aiming for more ambitious transfer targets.

It's analogous to having won a car race, beating an opponent with the same make a model, say a Focus, but only by a few seconds, then they go out and upgrade to a Ferrari, while you just get new brake pads and an air filter.

Missing out on Febregas to a rival is as bad as doing nothing in summer 2012 and letting the rags get van Persie.

Jack Wills said:
Monkchester said:
Rammyblues said:

All very well if we just want to stagnate or improve only slightly. But as Chelsea weren't that far behind and have signed players which will improve them hugely we should be aiming for more ambitious transfer targets.

It's analogous to having won a car race, beating an opponent with the same make a model, say a Focus, but only by a few seconds, then they go out and upgrade to a Ferrari, while you just get new brake pads and an air filter.

Missing out on Febregas to a rival is as bad as doing nothing in summer 2012 and letting the rags get van Persie.

Only if we do nothing of note ourselves. If we get the right players in, strengthening where necessary, then I'll be more than confident of another strong title challenge.

I think most of us expected a couple of announcements by now as its hardly been a secret who most of our targets were in january. Fuel to the fire was khaldhoons interview sayimg things would be done quickly and efficiently and sooner than last summer because of the world cup. Off course the fans trust the chairman and deal makers at the club, I think we all enjoy new signings and what they bring to the club.

Jack Wills said:

Missing out on Febregas to a rival is as bad as doing nothing in summer 2012 and letting the rags get van Persie.[/quote]

Hmmmmm,I'm getting a very strong aroma off this 'contributor'......

FantasyIreland said:
Jack Wills said:

Hmmmmm,I'm getting a very strong aroma off this 'contributor'......[/quote]

But hes right,Fabregas a poor player nowadays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.