Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We lost on penalties. Got to a first final in 55 years. All the people blaming the manager know fuck all about football. We pretty much matched the best team in the competition and a few shit penalties in a lottery lost the final.

I do wonder why we have do many experts on here instead of them managing top class football teams.
Come on man Southgate is beyond clueless, brings on Sancho n Rashford for what 45 secs and they take pens without a feel for the game, and guess what they miss, should have brought on Grealish earlier, who else is to blame M B, and that last comment about management, who are you managing ?

We've just witnessed the most talented group of English players in my lifetime being mismanaged into mediocrity or even worse by an under-average manager. Love everything about him as a man, as a person, but he ain't even EPL level as a manager. He set them up to defend the result after 20 minutes and that second half, WTF WAS THAT ABOUT?!?!?!?! Italians were turned into marmalade by Spanish and Mancini still tried to play football as much as he was allowed and nicked result. This geezer just tried to weather it for 70 minutes...and then subs being subbed, the second time in the tournament!!! Is somebody going to show this second half at all for FIFA classed manager courses, this is how not to do it. I mean...wtf...I am speechless.

And if the players are happy about it, hmmmm.....

Personally I think England over achieved to get this far. Italy were better throughout the tournament with an infinity superior manager.
Don't mind Southgate as a person, and his record is okay, but watching England under him is so dull. Johnny Vaughan (Radio X DJ) summed it up perfectly by saying watching England like 'having the life sucked out of him'.
Rashford and Sancho both took very poor pens, Rashford in particular was trying to be too clever though both had just come on., so strange decision from the boss.
You have to feel sorry for Saka as he looked out of his depth generally I felt. They almost certainly won't get the flak Sterling would have got in the press. As others have said unfortunately though it probably won't stop the Neanderthals out there giving them racist abuse.

spot on.. over achieved and got very lucky

if saka can get more game time than foden then sorry am OUT like england

He made two head shaking substitutions. Henderson and Saka made us weaker. No Phil, but Saka, who pulled out of tackles and generally looked lost, gets the nod? He should have brought Rashford and Grealish on and taken the work shy pouser Mount of for Grealish on the hour.
Brought rashford on. Really!!!!

Didn't keep the ball, kept hoofing forward, aimless balls coming straight back at us, Italy bossed that, once Roberto made the changes Southgate couldn't combat it, he's done well, but England won't win anything with him in charge, drop the Leeds lad even though he had a very good tournament, rice as the pivot with 2 8s in the middle, people who can keep the ball,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.