Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look, you are not understanding the new role a goalkeeper plays.
Shot stopping is just one of many aspects of the role. It has now become the most technical position in the entire team. But if you think that the speed at which a goalkeeper moves his hands to stop a ball is all its about then you are a touch ignorant.
Shot stopping, collecting high balls, punching, mixing shit up in a mele, short passing, long passing, long balls, penalty saving, strong at corners, composure in pressure situations, sweeper keeper, courage, triangles in the box, comfortable on the ball.
Pickford has only half of those qualities I have listed there.

And yet he is the best at distribution and passing on the deck of current England Goalkeepers.

Ederson's the modern example and made a cockup last night.

Even during the greatest Tika Taka days of Spain, Victor Valdes was only ever 3rd choice.

There are very few true sweeper keepers playing international football at the top level.

Can anyone at all tell me the difference between tonight's performance and the one against Croatia 3 years ago.
The similarities are shocking.
THAT is because of a cowardly manager. And a manager that cannot manage at the highest level.
The very best thing to do now is to remove Beardy Gaz, and get a new manager on board (not Aidy Bootroyd btw). He has taken this squad as far as he can.
A man should know his limitations!

We’re stuck with him for another 18 months at least unfortunately

I'm not a fan of Pickford in general but overall he had a very good tournament. he contributed to the team getting as far as they did rather than being a hindrance. There's nobody else anywhere near as good as him right now unfortunately.
Then he needs to up his game considerably. And, I'll be honest with you here, having him taught to goalkeep by the fat Spanish waiter is not filling me with confidence it can happen!!

Not had time to read the posts so I'm probably repeating lots of what has been said already BUT it is unfathomable to me that people who work in professional football can watch the second half of that game and think Jordan Henderson was the answer to the problems Italy were giving us.

If you are under pressure and keep giving the ball to your opponent it doesn't matter who you have in front of the defence pointing it is only a matter of time before you concede. You only have to be unlucky once.

You have to have players who can get the ball in midfield and either run with it, pass it on or fall over and get a free kick. Then get your defence out. Don't bring on an extra defensive player who will just pass the ball into touch and give possession straight back.

I'm a football idiot but even I can see that pattern forming (maybe cos i see City kill other teams ramping up the pressure every week).

We've got some amazing attacking talent but only one has performed consistently and in many games we talk about Maguire, Philips and Walker being magnificent (much love to John Stones who i think must play with Maguire's shirt number on his back based on commentary).

When Pep talks about having the balls to play football this is what he's talking about for me.

Having moaned about all that it is exciting to see how England may develop over the next 5 years. Lots of quality around if we have the courage
Courage is a quality only pundits and hacks believe he possesses!
His aim is non-defeat.
You don’t win international tournaments with that mantra!

Saka getting constant racial abuse on his pages
Sadly there’s a group of people out there that spend their time waiting for the chance to pile on with a load of racist abuse. Probably a fair number of them work for Russia. I’d be happy if we decided that social media isn’t worth all this crap and closed the lot down. Keep bluemoon going though.

Sky news had a reporter doing a piece to camera whilst they all stormed the barriers and pushed their way up the wembley steps.

Someone in their PR department is going to get a fucking and I think they can kiss their 2030 WC bid goodbye after UEFA fine them.

I couldn't cope with another tournament in England in fairness

Weak terrible manager

has everybody forgotten that we would have been in a wc final three years ago if grey Gareth hadn’t sat on his arse and done nothing to change the game

the media pick his teams. His subs tonight were laughable and to allow a kid... who shouldn’t be in the team.. who has had a shit game... to take the critical last penalty, is a sackable offence on its own

it’s even more mind boggling when Southgate has previously gone through a similar traumatic experience which he openly admits nearly crushed him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.