Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haha Wembley officials trying to claim no ticket less fans breached the stadium. Then they see all the social media stuff proving otherwise and quickly update their statement to claim "some" fans got in but they were all out by halftime, how the hell did they manage that then?

Wembley is well known especially amongst blues as being piss poor with security, all on them for skimping with security.

To think, I got all pissed up on a Sunday night for that!!

shocking play, shocking tactical decisions, shocking manager!

2 players missed pens, perhaps partly because they came on with 30 seconds to go and didn’t have any chance to get a feel for the game?

but England got what they deserved, fuck all - at no point tonight did waistcoat try to win the game. Pretty much all tournament his focus has been not to lose. That’s not the sign of an international manager. He should be fucked off first thing tomorrow morning.

How many days till City are back?

Not had time to read the posts so I'm probably repeating lots of what has been said already BUT it is unfathomable to me that people who work in professional football can watch the second half of that game and think Jordan Henderson was the answer to the problems Italy were giving us.

If you are under pressure and keep giving the ball to your opponent it doesn't matter who you have in front of the defence pointing it is only a matter of time before you concede. You only have to be unlucky once.

You have to have players who can get the ball in midfield and either run with it, pass it on or fall over and get a free kick. Then get your defence out. Don't bring on an extra defensive player who will just pass the ball into touch and give possession straight back.

I'm a football idiot but even I can see that pattern forming (maybe cos i see City kill other teams ramping up the pressure every week).

We've got some amazing attacking talent but only one has performed consistently and in many games we talk about Maguire, Philips and Walker being magnificent (much love to John Stones who i think must play with Maguire's shirt number on his back based on commentary).

When Pep talks about having the balls to play football this is what he's talking about for me.

Having moaned about all that it is exciting to see how England may develop over the next 5 years. Lots of quality around if we have the courage

Poor team selection
Poor substitutions
Poor game management
Poor timing on the substitutions
Poor tactics
Poor penalty preparation

ANY coach will tell you they want players who WANT to take a penalty. So, Rashford & Sancho obviously wanted to take one. If he was going to do that, why didn’t he bring them on earlier, and take off Sterling and Grealish, if they were not on the list?!

It boggles the mind. Team is together for a month, should be taking pens every day. Players know if they’re hot or not and help you make a decision, BUT it has to be a game time decision.

Shit my pants when I saw Maguire going second, but one no nonsense wallop later, he had broken the camera in the top corner of the goal!

From there, what can you say?

I hope this is the end of all the fucking stupid “stutter step, jump, triple salko, shoot” penalties!

It’s a 12 yard strong, positive pass into the goal. If you can’t do it, you should tell your Boss you can’t do it! If you can, you tell him you can, and would welcome the opportunity!

Then, when the time comes, simply do a 5-10 yd run up and “positive pass” it into the place you’d previously decided, goalie notwithstanding!

It’s not a new thing, but a bit of Wellie on a penalty often helps it get across the line!

Last edited:
Nobody, but then I’m not throwing clueless comments around at a manager who got us to a major final and was one kick away and a save from winning it. He’s not the first manager to do that.
It was clear even before their goal that it was coming for at least 15 mins and Southgate should have recognised that and adjusted tactics accordingly. He did fuck all which is worse than trying something that didn’t work. Instead he tried something after they scored which was bizarrely to shore up our defence rather than bring in some creativity. Doesn’t take a genius to realise he bottled it and was playing for a draw.

Southgate just said in interview that he picked the five based on pen practice in training. You know, just like the tension of a final...
All you can do is pick the five best penalty takers, unless there’s several players who have a track record of penalty taking for clubs in pressure games. Waddle, Pearce and others were experienced players and penalty takers when they missed for England.

The one thing that amazes me is they just seem to walk up and hit the ball, I’d expect a little routine like Johnny Wilkinson kicking for goal. That is the only way to ensure a skill is reproduced under the kind of pressure that the player has never had to deal with before.

If it was just a knock for Foden surely it would have been worth the risk to play him with a few good old fashioned painkillers in such a big game. They were crying out for him to occupy the spaces that Kane was doing so well in the first half.

not done nowadays & rightly so. He was injured so should not play. Shame - he would have roasted that defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.