Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So predictable from Southgate. After the bonus of the early goal England went back into their

Not had time to read the posts so I'm probably repeating lots of what has been said already BUT it is unfathomable to me that people who work in professional football can watch the second half of that game and think Jordan Henderson was the answer to the problems Italy were giving us.

If you are under pressure and keep giving the ball to your opponent it doesn't matter who you have in front of the defence pointing it is only a matter of time before you concede. You only have to be unlucky once.

You have to have players who can get the ball in midfield and either run with it, pass it on or fall over and get a free kick. Then get your defence out. Don't bring on an extra defensive player who will just pass the ball into touch and give possession straight back.

I'm a football idiot but even I can see that pattern forming (maybe cos i see City kill other teams ramping up the pressure every week).

We've got some amazing attacking talent but only one has performed consistently and in many games we talk about Maguire, Philips and Walker being magnificent (much love to John Stones who i think must play with Maguire's shirt number on his back based on commentary).

When Pep talks about having the balls to play football this is what he's talking about for me.

Having moaned about all that it is exciting to see how England may develop over the next 5 years. Lots of quality around if we have the courage
Great post.
Regarding the last paragraph, we may, but we wont, as long as pizza **** is in charge.

I really just didn't like Southgates managing on the penalties. He made 2 mistakes, if he only made only 1 of these mistakes then I could understand and kind of wave it off, but you can't make 2 managerial mistakes during penalties, just inexcusable:

1) Having Sancho and Rashford come in cold and take them
2) Making Saka the 5th choice taker
I don't understand point one. It's walking half way down the pitch and kicking a ball 12 yards. How warm do professional football players have to be to do that?

Incredibly proud of this England team, I know Southgate got the formation and substitutions wrong but he'd nailed everything up until the final.

Can't fault the players who stepped up and missed, 3 of the youngest players in the squad had the bollocks to take one, can only be applauded.

Overall it was a phenomenal tournament that brought the country together, it may be a missed opportunity but those players worked hard to get themselves into that position.

I hope we don't have to wait another 55 years for a chance at a trophy.
Great post been a fantastic effort that ended badly.

It's amusing seeing all the women and some men who never follow football.normally all saying what a nice man Southgate is and we did the country proud.

We got to a final yes but totally cocked up our tactics and choice of penalty takers, all down to Southgate who chose them based on training apparently. It was the biggest chance we've had in 55 years to win a trophy and once again we bottled it, no matter how many people say it was a valiant failure. That's exactly what it was once more, a failure.

No plan B just defend in depth and hope we score from a set piece or a bit of luck. I'll give Pickford his due he pulled off some great saves in the tournament but unless he can sort out his distribution we will always be up against it against better sides as the ball just comes straight back.

No idea where we go from here. Stick with Southgate? Who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.