Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't say our players are all rank average. We have a lot of talent I didn't think we'd beat Italy because when I watched the Italy games, I thought they were better than us. And I don't think they have better players (overall) than us. They just play better than we do.
I think similarly to Croatia in the World Cup, England have good players at either end of the pitch, but teams with a good midfield can dominate the ball against us. I thought Henderson coming on would give us a bit more control, and it did, but he was pretty average compared to the previous games he came on.

Having said that, for all of their control, Italy didn't have a huge number of clear chances and their only goal came from a scrappy set piece, which involved a hell of a lot of luck for Pickford's save to rebound off the post directly into the path of Bonucci.

People slagging off Southgate, so presumably you want him sacked before the world cup and replaced with......?
Someone who’ll get the best out of great talent like Foden and Grealish. The football we play under him is a joke despite some great talent for the first time in ages... We won’t be as lucky with the draw for a 3rd tournament. You can guarantee he’ll have no bottle and be defensive as hell though.

Yeah, Got us to a wc semi and euros final, achieved more than any other manager we've had.... Not the right manager.
Spursy or what
Twice it was set up perfectly for us.

The World Cup: We come up against two good teams, first being Colombia and that went to pens. Then of course we know what happened against Croatia.

Euros: played the whole tournament apart from one match at home. Again we was on the more favourable side of the draw.

What is our identity under this man. Do you think a prime Spain, Germany, Brazil and all the other nations that produced great talent would bench the best players and play so negative?

Oh and you are the one being all Spursy, happy with failure.

A manager who will look at the most talented players at his disposal and play to their strengths.

Do you truly think he's done that?
I think he's played a system that's most likely to win us a tournament, and came a penalty kick away from doing it. People are all crying out for amazing, possession-based football against the best team in Europe. I think you need world class midfielders for that, and I think England have world class players at either end of the pitch but mid-table players and youngsters in the middle. Let's be honest, it's not as if Italy were tearing up trees against the top teams either, because that's what tournament football is like. I feel like some would prefer to go out in the early stages playing like Spain rather than get to the final playing defensively when we need to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.