Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Southgate as a coach deserves some credit for coming up with a system that no other coach would have dared to employ. Surely most defensive ever England set-up. We can't play football but we can be difficult to beat and the irony being that for the first time in decades England did actually have some good offensive players.

The penalty line-up was ridiculous. Imagine though if Rashford and Sancho had not been able to get on. That was a moment of farce with England's penalty strategy resting on two last-minute subs.

They must have selected the penalty-takers on the basis of who was best in practise but you don't choose kids to take penalties.
The problem was he didn't have an alternative other than going even more defensive.....flip that to Mancini,who,at HT,recognised where his team were losing the game and he came up with a plan B.
Fuck all will be coming home while Southgate is (or isn't....) making decisions.

A lot of these players are currently playing in the clubs with the 3 best managers in the world. They're all playing a certain way and understand football, you are supposed to build a team around that like Spain and Germany did when Pep was managing over there. But Southgate just couldn't go against his nature.
This game was there to be won on the first half, but he was too cautious which wasn't the worst thing ever. But when Mancini made two subs and Southgate did nothing, that was the moment.

The problem was he didn't have an alternative other than going even more defensive.....flip that to Mancini,who,at HT,recognised where his team were losing the game and he came up with a plan B.
Fuck all will be coming home while Southgate is (or isn't....) making decisions.
The more you post about it, the more convinced I am you are revelling in Southgates current misery.
We get it. You don’t like him.

WTF? Waistcoat may be a rank choice, but the team has reached the semi-finals in the last two tournaments. Tonight the manager well and truly showed his limitations. The squad however can go further.
I didn't say our players are all rank average. We have a lot of talent. I didn't think we'd beat Italy because when I watched the Italy games, I thought they were better than us. And I don't think they have better players (overall) than us. They just play better than we do.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.