Italy v England | Thurs 23rd March 2023, 19:45

England weren't in control of that second half no matter how much you dress things up as. If England's ambition is to win major tournaments they have to play better than that half.

If that’s the case Southgate is even more clueless than I thought.
They were camped out long before the red as well.
Saka gave away the ball all match, is in no way a superior presser to Foden, and was obviously tiring by the time the sub was made after Shaw was sent off.

And Southgate took him off five minutes later, anyway.

I think @BlueHammer85 is just being contrarian for jollies on that point.

Anyone remember Lineker having a pen against Brazil in a friendly he needed to equalise Charlton’s England goal scoring record and missing it? Never to score for England again. Kane made no mistake with today’s opportunity.
Haha i went to that game. It was shit and i got sunburn.

Not even their efforts would have been enough without Stones blocking, tackling, and heading nearly everything that go near our goal, especially in the second half.

He was the most angry for Italy’s goal, for a reason, as well. He was having to cover for both Maguire and Phillips.

Stones was class
Rice had a great game as always for me
Kane though I have to give most credit, his hold up play and amount of challenges he won for us was exceptional

Also a mention to Phillips, considering he’s had barely any game time he to cover alot of ground tonight. Done well

In fairness what was he doing bringing phil on at that stage anyway? The fact that he has to immediately take him off speaks volumes for that

11 men , just fresh legs , like for like with Grealish , totally normal substitution

Bluehammer is gonna come in here and kill all you negative cunts ha
Normally I would agree but you can't help it with Southgate. One of those managers who seems to be able to pull a defeat from the jaws of victory. Got away with it this time...

Italy had to go for the jigglier and we were down to 10 , totally normal for us to be camped in our half and to see out the game

It wasn’t baffling for me, he sacrificed an attacker for a defender - needs must. Unfortunate for Phil but I would guess Southgate trusted Saka more defensively and holding the ball up
But then he took Saka off minutes later to bring on fresh legs,
Plus he brought on Trippier, a right back. What must Chilwell have thought, an actual left back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.