Italy v England | Thurs 23rd March 2023, 19:45

Weird performance. He looked world class, some great runs and energy then as you say disappeared. His habit of doing those turns and losing the ball is annoying too.
Definitely don’t see him as a 6 but you can see glimpses and moments of his absolute quality, but when the game needed him, he looked way off it. I doubt he’d ever play in many games like that with City where pretty much the whole side just sits back and forgets how to play, but he’s clearly far from the finished article.

I don’t like to give any player a hard time over a miss like that - Grealish is a class act and I like what he gives England

I think Grealish is now showing City what he can do but not in front of the goal, he’ll never be imo a 10 or plus goals a season. Great at taking on defenders and keeping possession. Scoring not so much.

They really didn’t. Game management is not taking off one player who has just come on 11 minutes ago for a right back when a left back in form is on the bench.

Conor Gallagher came on four minutes after Phil Foden, if you think he can control and manage the game better than Foden at international level then you are so blinded by your support for Southgate that he could play Dier as a false 9 and you would still say it was a smart move.

Well the subs worked, Italy didn’t have a shot on goal and we won the match.

Trippier made some blocks and challenges , same for Gallagher when he comes on. Both did a good job for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.