Italy v Spain | Euro 2020 Semi Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Isn't game management the reason that Italy have just reached their 10th major tournament final and England are hoping to reach only their second?

Seen some of your other posts knocking Italy and one would think that you are actually suggesting that England have been a breath of fresh air playing total football - they haven't they've mainly been shit and boring to watch and an affront to the beautiful game for huge spells since they last actually won anything.

Some simple facts are always ignored -

- Decades of putting out teams of players with significantly inferior technical ability to their respective counterparts
- Decades of a premier league that hoovered up the best overseas players and probably deprived the development and full potential of home grown talent -
- Decades of England Managers playing the media's Darling IX
- Delusional hardcore fanbase that believe in the lyrics of any catchy England tune that comes out

I do hope England can win this and I have dual English/Italian nationality and normally follow Italy, but due to the sheer embarrassment of their record , this needs to come to an end now! but it's the likes of Ferdinand and co giving it large that makes me think that once again England will be kicked back into their fucking box.

Not knocking Italy at all, they're a fantastic team, always have been.

I just dislike England fans worshipping Italy no matter what and full of hate for their own nation.

If England had played like Italy did yesterday, many would be moaning.

I don't think we play exhilarating amazing football, far from it - hardly any nations do - especially at tournaments and knock out stages, football is usually slower, players more careful not to make mistakes and the weight of expectation on players shows.
What this England side have shown this time though, is massive amount of professionalism, work rate and a togetherness - it's this side of England i've not seen for a long long time and something i give Southgate especially credit for.

I wouldn't have moaned if England had played against Spain in that way but probably would have done if they had adopted that approach against Scotland.

Italy adapted their tactics according to the opposition and it worked. They knew that Spain were going to have the lion's share of possession, so they sat back and played on the counter and dropped the high press that they had been employing previously.

I suspect that they will change their tactics again for the final and that the high press will return, as neither England nor Denmark have the same quality on the ball as Spain do.

A close thing - but I'm very glad that Italy advanced.

Sorry Bluemoon forum - I'm a fan of football from the states - I'm going to be rooting for Italy in the finals whomever they face. I love the way Italy play football under Mancini and I hope that this results in a trophy.
===
At the same time I wish England Godspeed versus Denmark.

Not knocking Italy at all, they're a fantastic team, always have been.

I just dislike England fans worshipping Italy no matter what and full of hate for their own nation.

I don't think we play exhilarating amazing football, far from it - hardly any nations do - especially at tournaments and knock out stages, football is usually slower, players more careful not to make mistakes and the weight of expectation on players shows.
What this England side have shown this time though, is massive amount of professionalism, work rate and a togetherness - it's this side of England i've not seen for a long long time and something i give Southgate especially credit for.
Not sure if it's England fans worshiping Italy more like City fans worshiping Mancini and not just because of that title win but more to do with his general disposition - he was a fighter and stood up for the club and he's done the same with this Italy team that were vilified and brutalised by the nation after not qualifying for the last WC. Southgate doesn't have that stardust and energy however I think his passive demeanour is a good foil for the OTT press etc

This is a good England side, I suspect it should be playing a couple of levels higher than it has so far as it will be a shame if their only real test came in the final and they were found wanting - but they can only beat what's in front of them...good luck for tonight!

p.s my old man once said that Bobby Moore was the only non-italian player he had seen that could of complimented the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Canavarro, Gentile and co. in central defence - He obviously never say Andy Morrison play

I wouldn't have moaned if England had played against Spain in that way but probably would have done if they had adopted that approach against Scotland.

Italy adapted their tactics according to the opposition and it worked. They knew that Spain were going to have the lion's share of possession, so they sat back and played on the counter and dropped the high press that they had been employing previously.

I suspect that they will change their tactics again for the final and that the high press will return, as neither England nor Denmark have the same quality on the ball as Spain do.

Spot on, have to adapt to reflect the quality of opposition.

Obviously we played a very open and expansive game against teams like Turkey and Wales where we had the superiority and quality to do so.

Belgium and Spain are very different propositions so we adapted accordingly. Maybe Spain were the better team last night but we weren't too shabby and we are one of if not the best teams of the tournament so far and we're in the final, happy with that.

Not sure if it's England fans worshiping Italy more like City fans worshiping Mancini and not just because of that title win but more to do with his general disposition - he was a fighter and stood up for the club and he's done the same with this Italy team that were vilified and brutalised by the nation after not qualifying for the last WC. Southgate doesn't have that stardust and energy however I think his passive demeanour is a good foil for the OTT press etc

This is a good England side, I suspect it should be playing a couple of levels higher than it has so far as it will be a shame if their only real test came in the final and they were found wanting - but they can only beat what's in front of them...good luck for tonight!

p.s my old man once said that Bobby Moore was the only non-italian player he had seen that could of complimented the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Canavarro, Gentile and co. in central defence - He obviously never say Andy Morrison play
it is all about bobby , he tops the england team full stop ,he wont understand it

I thought that yesterday's game was poor. Fair dues to Italy but if that was a Championship game on telly, I would have switched off at half time. The way the BBC commentators were bigging it up as the game of the century was a joke. Ponderous, awful finishing and even the penalties were shite. And as for extra time, please let me spend an half hour shopping in the Trafford Centre than watching that shite. Hope tonight is better!

I can’t really recall any player being mentioned to their club so far. Let alone a manager to their previous clubs. Not really sure what you’re getting at.
An example: very time McHominity touched it, came near it, looked at it the ball, it seemed that it was "Scott McWhatnotty of Manchester United. We were into one game for 1min 11 seconds before the commentator spewed out 'Manchester United' - can't recall which game but I think it was not an England game. What I am getting at is that football these days, televised live or discussed in the studio is a constant reference to two particular clubs. Italy v Spain last night and we get an interview with Shaw! T''other night when England were playing in Rome the BBC organised a video link with TAA who was somewhere in Spain, I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.