"It's a poor league this year"

The top teams are certainly worse than they used to be.

I dispute this other teams are getting better. I think only us, Spurs, Bolton, Sunderland and Stoke have improved in the last couple of years.

So what are the chances of having 2 English clubs in the CL final
this year?I think that's where the standard of the PL needs to be measured.

Quite the contrary, a very competitive and close race is happening before us, very interesting. If they are missing the total domination they should return to watching the La Liga where Barca and Madrid run away with 100 pts a season.

Losblue said:
So what are the chances of having 2 English clubs in the CL final
this year?I think that's where the standard of the PL needs to be measured.

Thats a good point. Based on current form i cant see any of them making it beyond the Quarter finals.

I actually think that the whole League has got much better, if Ferguson admitted that this was the best PL there had ever been, there will be some bitter people who don't like change who will say it's poor.

From a marketing point of view it's brilliant, it was getting stale much like the Spanish league

Joga Bonito said:
Quite the contrary, a very competitive and close race is happening before us, very interesting. If they are missing the total domination they should return to watching the La Liga where Barca and Madrid run away with 100 pts a season.

Its not just the top 5 that is exciting. The rest of the league as well. 8-20 the difference is 9 points.

Thats utter bollocks, this is by far the best the prem has ever been.

Ok it helps that we are up near the top but with teams taking points off each other it means so much more.

Too see Spuds.Chelski,Scum or the Arse drop points when we win is a great feeling.

It's quite easy, really:

More very good teams, i.e. the old Big Four(minus Liverpool) + Tottenham + us
More decent teams, i.e. Bolton, Sunderland
No pushovers

BUT no 'excellent' teams i.e. Barca, Real, United or Arsenal of recent times.

So, in conclusion, the OVERALL quality of the league is higher than in previous seasons, but there's no superb 'standout' team that looks likely to get anywhere close to beating the big Spanish teams and winning the CL. That's where the comments are coming from.

those who wants to make it looks like the league is been played by only two teams are mad and insane as to whether they know what they are saying or they don't have a clue on what is going on this time.is been superb for anything now we can watch and feel the anxiety for the game.

Blue Smarties said:
Who said this? In my opinion it's one of the best going, Birmingham were 24 games unbeaten at home until Arsenal came along. A lot of teams are taking points of each other. If we can finish the league with a top four of Arsenal, Manchester City, Scum and Tottenham then I'll be a happy guy.

It is one of the best going, but pundits, being the subjective tits they are, have fastened on a team at the beginning of the season, MANUre, CFC, The Arse, Spuds and the Mighty Dippers of Anfield, and as these haven't opened up a twenty point gap over sixth placed, the league is poor. It simply reinforces the notion that the ones highly paid by the media to ram their opinions down our throats are clueless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.