"It's a poor league this year"

It's certainly a stronger league but there isn't one outstanding side in it.

The mere fact that nobody is running away with the title surely indicates it is a better league than for years.

Only idiots can think otherwise.

i have heard a few spouting this or words similar, also heard the same numptys saying city are not a team, you cant buy the league, blah blah blah, yet there we sit joint top on points.

Motd have started to appreciate what is happening at city, cant wait till we acheive a trophy that will spark a period of sky blue dominance in England.

Forza Mancini

CTID

prima

The Prem had six teams in the group stages of the European competitions and five of them topped their groups.

It's ridiculous to say that Man U or Chelsea are "poor" this year. Top premiership teams are made up of "world" stars these days, and are much better than the "best of the British Isles" teams of a couple of decades ago.

Midtable teams in the Premiership have been getting relatively richer, compared to all but the top clubs in the rest of Europe. Teams like United, Arsenal and Chelsea, who have vastly outspent over the years are maybe finding that it's impossible to keep improving.

I still expect the big teams with the squad depth to be there at the end, but this now includes City and Spurs. Over time, as Champions League qualification becomes less secure, hopefully this will lead to a slightly more compressed league, with greater competition. A better league not a poorer one.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
It's only stronger due to us and spurs improving dramatically and Chelsea and united not being as good as in previous years.

Its not about manyoooooooo and chelsea not being as good, its just that they have stood still, whilst City and spuds, among others, have improved.

Big difference.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
It's only stronger due to us and spurs improving dramatically and Chelsea and united not being as good as in previous years.

I think this is the truth. I've said it before but these is the worst United side I have seen for over 10 years and Chelsea aren't much better.

utd win the league - "best team won it, beat off all competition because they're so good, ferguson's a genius" etc, etc

city win the league - "it was a weakened league, other teams are in transistion, we were just in the right place at the right time. Let's look forward to next season"

If any foreigners watched the scums game tonight knowing they are the league leaders,then yes,they would think it was a very poor league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.