Its now easier to say goodbye to the old guard?

I prefer a squad system that moves players on while they still have value in the market. It gives us money to play with and leaves our memories untarnished. Ideally I'd want for every Zappa a £7mill Stones not a Sagna pushing him. Same for Clichy and Kolarov.

I'd have preferred my City memories of Yaya for instance, to be of the rampaging Yaya and not coloured by the fading one.

It concerns me that we aren't spotting players like Stones when they are young and cheap and bringing them on through.

Basically I would have a 'leave us wanting more' approach to player transfers.

I prefer a squad system that moves players on while they still have value in the market. It gives us money to play with and leaves our memories untarnished. Ideally I'd want for every Zappa a £7mill Stones not a Sagna pushing him. Same for Clichy and Kolarov.

I'd have preferred my City memories of Yaya for instance, to be of the rampaging Yaya and not coloured by the fading one.

It concerns me that we aren't spotting players like Stones when they are young and cheap and bringing them on through.

I'd argue that we are starting to, but we won't see them for a few years. Patrick Roberts and Aleix Garcia would be the two I'd look at in that respect. We paid a fair amount for Roberts, but if not, another club would have done, and in five years you'd be looking at paying closer to 20m+ for him, I'd imagine.

I feel the exact same way mate.

Zaba could score 3 own goals in the cup final and then go and nut every City fan and his legacy would not be tarnished. Zab is the fucking man!

Zaba could score 3 own goals in the cup final and then go and nut every City fan and his legacy would not be tarnished. Zab is the fucking man!
haha yeah youre probably right mate, the OP isn't really focusing on Zabba though hahaha. Just that its easier now to let the guys go who have been with us for years.

Of Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, I would be angry if we sold any of Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Silva, Aguero in the summer, Pep or no Pep

I'd argue that we are starting to, but we won't see them for a few years. Patrick Roberts and Aleix Garcia would be the two I'd look at in that respect. We paid a fair amount for Roberts, but if not, another club would have done, and in five years you'd be looking at paying closer to 20m+ for him, I'd imagine.
True. But I'd argue that like with Deneyer, they need to be here and given games. Instead we have a 35 year old struggling.

Of Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, I would be angry if we sold any of Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Silva, Aguero in the summer, Pep or no Pep

I wouldn't be angry if Zabs and Silva went. I'd be kind of surprised with Silva but with FFP and the owners wanting us to be financially viable I wouldn't say no to 40 mill now rather than nothing later.

With Zabs I kind of feel that if he doesn't want to stay and maybe become second choice then he's earned one last move to her ever he wants with our respect and gratitude. But if he chooses to stay then great.

Aguero I'd also be happy to get a big fee for in a year or two.

No players, even those as good as him and Silva are irreplaceable.

Zaba was good Sunday so think hes back/getting back to his best.

Would be annoyed if we sold Zaba, hart, kompany, silva, Aguero, Fernandinho.

But I would move on.
Exactly - I thought that Zabba looked solid against one of the supposed better teams. People forget that he has rarely had injuries and at the committed level he plays he simply can't play when he is unfit. I wish some of the other players mentioned had an ounce of his attitude. I do believe it will come down to if he wants to play less than 20 games a year as a squad player at age 31 and frankly I don't think he would do that so may choose to leave. Remember Tony Book was 32 when we signed him and to write him off too early is folly. Ultimately it will be up to Pep if he can offer Zabba a bigger role, and we will have to accept that a few will be moved on. Don't worry though he will still be held in high esteem no matter if he stays or goes - One of the best value for money players in the modern era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.