it's now or never

Soulboy said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
themadinventor said:
I'm mentally weak and spineless, if only you knew me personally you wouldn't dream of making such comments, you slag me off yet again just because we don't agree on something, I've Been rounded on time and time again for having my own point of view yet I'm still here giving my views, in my experience only the really weak run in gangs and empty vessels make the most noise so why not shut up for a while and try listening for a change, you have two ears and one mouth so you should listen twice as much as you talk.

Of course I do not know you and I will qualify my original comments by saying that my observations are based solely on your input to this board - but I would state that the threads that you create invite such a comment. This thread is not the first in a series which are clearly designed to invite a reaction and on that basis you should expect people to comment candidly on what you have written.

Only last week after the Everton game you were saying we had blown it, in spite of the fact that we were top of the league. If the players shared that mindset we would not even finish top four and I happen to consider negative thinking to that extent in the face of logic to be a form of mental weakness. If you think something bad is going to happen then it almost certainly will.

It may be in your life you have done things that would make my comment seem absurd, but I am talking about your attitude to this football club - nothing else. We have been taken over by some serious and powerful people and sustained success is inevitable. That doesn't mean we will definitely win the league this year but there is no doubt that these people will ensure that City are going to be a powerful force in European football on an ongoing basis, and thinking that every time we don't win it's all going to end is so at odds with logic in relation to where we find ourselves, that I happen to think it's a sign of a lack of mental fortitude - as far as your attitude to this club is concerned. As I said in my earlier post, it is a form of thinking that is much more suited to when things did routinely and comically go wrong at this football club.

As to your comments about running with the herd, I have demonstrated on numerous occasions in my life that I am happy to hold and express a view that is at odds with those around me, which is probably why I am the only City fan in a family full of season ticket holding united supporters.

Also, I actually don't mind Harry Redknapp. There, I said it.

Rag.

Only a rag would spell rag with a capital 'R'. Start of a sentence or not.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=248030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=248030</a>

rag.

Soulboy said:
Of course I do not know you and I will qualify my original comments by saying that my observations are based solely on your input to this board - but I would state that the threads that you create invite such a comment. This thread is not the first in a series which are clearly designed to invite a reaction and on that basis you should expect people to comment candidly on what you have written.

Only last week after the Everton game you were saying we had blown it, in spite of the fact that we were top of the league. If the players shared that mindset we would not even finish top four and I happen to consider negative thinking to that extent in the face of logic to be a form of mental weakness. If you think something bad is going to happen then it almost certainly will.

It may be in your life you have done things that would make my comment seem absurd, but I am talking about your attitude to this football club - nothing else. We have been taken over by some serious and powerful people and sustained success is inevitable. That doesn't mean we will definitely win the league this year but there is no doubt that these people will ensure that City are going to be a powerful force in European football on an ongoing basis, and thinking that every time we don't win it's all going to end is so at odds with logic in relation to where we find ourselves, that I happen to think it's a sign of a lack of mental fortitude - as far as your attitude to this club is concerned. As I said in my earlier post, it is a form of thinking that is much more suited to when things did routinely and comically go wrong at this football club.

As to your comments about running with the herd, I have demonstrated on numerous occasions in my life that I am happy to hold and express a view that is at odds with those around me, which is probably why I am the only City fan in a family full of season ticket holding united supporters.

Also, I actually don't mind Harry Redknapp. There, I said it.

Rag.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=248030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=248030</a>

rag.

That's just to indicate exactly how far up the rag food chain you really are!

You were worth more than a mere lower case rag definition... I thought you would have been chuffed.

Soulboy said:
Soulboy said:

rag.

That's just to indicate exactly how far up the rag food chain you really are!

You were worth more than a mere lower case rag definition... I thought you would have been chuffed.

I was secretly, but don't tell anyone.

Some posters who are content with a draw today are deluded. It's 2 very big points dropped and a psychological blow if we drop points, not to mention momentum shifting towards United We have to show some metal and act like a title winning team as we come to the crunch. We need to maintain our slight advantage and turn the pressure back on the Rags. I know we will drop points at some stage but the mentality has to be to win them all, every game is a cup final

Utd won there 1-0 a couple of months ago when they were not exactly firing on all cylinders. Another limp wristed 1-0 defeat today to Villa and we can probably expect to see Tevez back in the squad in the next few weeks, like it or not.

The psychology behind winning teams and individuals is fascinating. Football is a strange sport in that a draw is very possible. Most other sports just have winners and losers so settling for "not losing" is not an option. Winners in football would look at a draw as a loss of two points not the gaining of one. Some teams, probably based on how successful they are, know 100% that the expectation is that they win. This is a massive psychological advantage. i.e. If, as a player, you sign for Real Madrid you know immediately that only winning is acceptable. As a player you are either up to that expectation or not. If not you will be on your way. For City players and fans because our "rise" has been so fast we have not had a chance to adjust our mentality to a winning one. I believe the club as a whole should adopt a "win only" attitude immediately.

Terrified already

When it comes to us winning the title i seem to be incredible fickle, one week ala after spurs im certain we'll win it, but results like everton make me think united will just nick it. After each game i always spend ages analyzing the table and ours and uniteds fixtures. However the more matches we play i think something is becoming more and more obvious. THAT game on the 28th of April is going to be unbearable, arguably the biggest game in our history (too far?) im literally shiting myself already. I pray to God we'll have a lead which would mean at worst we'd still be level however i'd imagine the table will be something similar to how it is now.

Anyone else been prematurely thinking about this?

Re: Terrified already

No. We'll have the league tied up by the time we play IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.