its over

BooksReject said:
Ive been trying for one of those for ages! And I laugh when I spot one too! Does the fact that my lad was 18 today, and has bought me many beers count as an excuse??? I apologise mammutly! :-/

Pretty good excuse I'd say.

And you still get the award !

result!

;-)

lastmanback said:
Is it being negative to state what has happened and what you've seen down tru the years and this season to say you don't think we have what it takes this year to make top 4. We were destroyed by Spuds at WHL and they will beat us at coms like they have most times recently, arsenal away another bad fixture we rarely do well in. I only see 6 points more and not enough for 4th. Negative i know. But most likely the real outcome.

This has to be the mosy sensible post i've read on this forum, fair enough be optimistic but everyone of you seem to predict 3 points against Villa......... a team that just dont lose and have only lost once in 2010 which was at Chelsea........ and they beat utd and liverpool away too.

Personally and I hope im right I think by the time we come to you lot a win for you will not be enough and if you are chassing a win I think it just makes it even less likely that you will beat us as like you we prefer teams to attck us as we have one of the best defences in the league in terms of goals conceded and it will leave space in behind for Lennon, bale and defoe to exploit.

Before last week I had our chances as low but 6 points against Chelski and the scum might have just given us Champions League football next season.

CockneySpur said:
lastmanback said:
Is it being negative to state what has happened and what you've seen down tru the years and this season to say you don't think we have what it takes this year to make top 4. We were destroyed by Spuds at WHL and they will beat us at coms like they have most times recently, arsenal away another bad fixture we rarely do well in. I only see 6 points more and not enough for 4th. Negative i know. But most likely the real outcome.

This has to be the mosy sensible post i've read on this forum, fair enough be optimistic but everyone of you seem to predict 3 points against Villa......... a team that just dont lose and have only lost once in 2010 which was at Chelsea........ and they beat utd and liverpool away too.

Personally and I hope im right I think by the time we come to you lot a win for you will not be enough and if you are chassing a win I think it just makes it even less likely that you will beat us as like you we prefer teams to attck us as we have one of the best defences in the league in terms of goals conceded and it will leave space in behind for Lennon, bale and defoe to exploit.

Before last week I had our chances as low but 6 points against Chelski and the scum might have just given us Champions League football next season.

To be fair everyone seemed to have predicted 3 points for you against Bolton but we've already seen that you can also slip up at home against extremely average teams such as Wolves, Stoke and Hull so it's not all done and dusted as of yet. We've been in fine form recently and so have you, one blip against United is not the end of the world, you've shown against Sunderland and Pompey of late that away from home you can be got at so theres no reason why we can't turn you over

I'm pretty confident going into the game against you that we will be within touching distance, the difference could be that you may only need to draw against us where we'd need to win

Failsworth_Blue said:
To be fair everyone seemed to have predicted 3 points for you against Bolton but we've already seen that you can also slip up at home against extremely average teams such as Wolves, Stoke and Hull so it's not all done and dusted as of yet. We've been in fine form recently and so have you, one blip against United is not the end of the world, you've shown against Sunderland and Pompey of late that away from home you can be got at so theres no reason why we can't turn you over

I'm pretty confident going into the game against you that we will be within touching distance, the difference could be that you may only need to draw against us where we'd need to win

You dont quite understand my point, obviously everyone can slip up against one of the lesser teams (but for the record each of the teams you mentioned we battered and was very unlucky on the day) you cant predict a result like that. What im saying is that you dont need to have an off day against Villa to drop points. They are a good team especially away from home and everyone saying you will get 3 points as if they are handing them out like candy is being a little naive I think.

In my opinion you have to beat Ar5ena1 because I agree we wont get anything against united and if you dont beat the Arse then by the time we play you the point gap will be 4 maybe 5 points because I honestly can't see you beating Villa.

Absolutely spot on, i hate peeps who throw in the towel with 4 games left FFS! We aren't going down without a fight, and we cant let those fuckers get 4th spot.

A lot of people on this site need to man up. Spurs will lose to the rags this weekend and we beat a full strength chelsea away so we can beat an understrength arsenal

It's over because we are afraid to attack against the big boys (even at home).

Are you sure about that?

6 goals v's Chelsea? (in 2 matches)
6 goals v's Rags? (in 4 matches)
7 goals v's Arsenal? (in 2 matches)

Yeah I think your right mate, we are obviously shit scared of attacking the big boys! FFS!!!!!!!!

mammutly said:
squirtyflower said:
didn't realise it was the fans who let the last minute goal in?

but for some its always the fans' fault

I am clearly not talking about who lets goals in.

You're always trying to be a smart arse for some reason.

The point, which I'm sure has been grasped by most people, is that a minority always seem to predict the worst and are not happy with anything else.

An interesting point about fans predicting the worst, might have something to do with the fact that there can't be an EPL team, Spuds included(!), that have had more false dawns, and there cannot be a fanbase with a more substantial number of times where said fanbase have been bitten on the arse when we all thought we were up for a knighthood. In posts like this, I always ask fans to look into the eyes of Moonchester. That look says it all - I love it!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
mammutly said:
I am clearly not talking about who lets goals in.

You're always trying to be a smart arse for some reason.

The point, which I'm sure has been grasped by most people, is that a minority always seem to predict the worst and are not happy with anything else.

An interesting point about fans predicting the worst, might have something to do with the fact that there can't be an EPL team, Spuds included(!), that have had more false dawns, and there cannot be a fanbase with a more substantial number of times where said fanbase have been bitten on the arse when we all thought we were up for a knighthood. In posts like this, I always ask fans to look into the eyes of Moonchester. That look says it all - I love it!

Hmmmmm...

2816862477-27012010033251.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.