It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
we need a Javi Martinez type more than a Hazard type IMO.

Martinez gives you 2 potential world class players (positions) in 1 player.

Him and, say, Bale, would be a tremendous transfer window. Though if we went for someone like Bale on another Premier League team I fear that would get dragged out all the way to the last week of August.
The last 2 matches ive seen of martinez he does not look anywhere near world class, have you watched him regularly enough to give a real opinion on him.

Martinez is definitely a talent! He was bad against Barcelona but the entire Bilbao team was, Bielsa messed up his tactics so they looked like 11 headless chickens who didn't know what to do.

I think Martinez could be a better midfielder than defender here though, and it'd make sense at least initially as we could then keep Kompany/Lescott together and we could perhaps try Martinez occasionally at the back. Martinez as a defender is very good but he's quite reckless and has given away a fair few penalties, and you know teams with divers like the scum and dippers would exploit that.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Andouble said:
we need a Javi Martinez type more than a Hazard type IMO.

Martinez gives you 2 potential world class players (positions) in 1 player.

Him and, say, Bale, would be a tremendous transfer window. Though if we went for someone like Bale on another Premier League team I fear that would get dragged out all the way to the last week of August.
The last 2 matches ive seen of martinez he does not look anywhere near world class, have you watched him regularly enough to give a real opinion on him.

Regularly? No. But I am not daft enough to form an opinion on him just by watching a Cup final wit him up against Barcelona, and Guardiola's swan song to boot.

Dominant in 2 matches vs United and one of the better players in other games I've seen.

LoveCity said:
Martinez is definitely a talent! He was bad against Barcelona but the entire Bilbao team was, Bielsa messed up his tactics so they looked like 11 headless chickens who didn't know what to do.

I think Martinez could be a better midfielder than defender here though, and it'd make sense at least initially as we could then keep Kompany/Lescott together and we could perhaps try Martinez occasionally at the back. Martinez as a defender is very good but he's quite reckless and has given away a fair few penalties, and you know teams with divers like the scum and dippers would exploit that.
He also was 2nd best to Falcao in the Europa final.

Plain Speaking said:
LoveCity said:

But he was brilliant in many other games over several seasons. And I personally think Falcao is the best striker in the world (if you don't count Messi and Ronaldo as strikers) and any defender would struggle against him. Martinez is a fantastic talent, it's no coincidence that every top club is interested in him and a couple of bad games don't change what he has.

LoveCity said:
Plain Speaking said:
LoveCity said:

But he was brilliant in many other games over several seasons. And I personally think Falcao is the best striker in the world (if you don't count Messi and Ronaldo as strikers) and any defender would struggle against him. Martinez is a fantastic talent, it's no coincidence that every top club is interested in him and a couple of bad games don't change what he has.

You take that back Aguero is the best

If you wouldn't sign Martinez you're mad. Completely mad. He should have greater priority than Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.