It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Matt.D said:
wahooblue said:
Do you know how many league games Aguero and Mario started together? I also would be curious to know what the Aguero/Dzeko partnership looks like in terms of goals per games. Again, serious questions--no sarcasm...I don't know the answer to either.

Monday night football when they first highlighted the stats in Apil showed this stat of Aguero:

Dzeko-19 games, 10 goals
Balotelli-15 games, 2 goals
Tevez-4 games, 8 goals

Note - I don't know if these were just times they played together or starts or in all competitions etc. that's just what was on MNF, but it's staggering and undeniable stats.

Average = over a goal a game with tevez, goal every other game with dzeko but a goal every 7 games with mario.

Tevez is undoubtedly a ****, but he brings the best of of aguero. You have dismissed the Norwich game, but it was the west brom and Norwich games that really got us back to playing good football at a quick tempo, football with a sense of purpose and unpredictability that we had lacked for months. Tevez was the spark to our late title comeback and I firmly believe that if Tevez hadn't come back we wouldn't be sitting here as champions, because he kicked Aguero back into life.

On the flip side, as I'm sure you will point out, had the fucker been here and committed all season then the league would of probably been sewn up by march. No arguments with this, he's a **** off the pitch. Behaved inexcusably towards our club. But on it his attitude & ability, and the fact that he vastly improves our team when he's in it is beyond question.

Aguero:
() signifies starts.

w/Dzeko: P19(11) Gls: 10.
w/Balo: P14(10) Gls: 5.
w/Tevez: P8(7) Gls: 9.

Not a huge difference between Dzeko and Tevez if we are talking about STARTING partnerships. I think the better test is goals when on the pitch together. And again, I think the goals for the partnership (both players) is the real issue...not who makes Aguero better (i.e. Tevez's goals are just as important in talking about their partnership).

What I think is interesting about these stats (and I think we would need more numbers to really tell) is to see if Aguero really does perform markedly better when he has someone behind him in the hole. If he does (and these numbers suggest he might), I would like to know how Mario would perform in that role. We know Tevez plays well in the hole and we know that Dzeko probably would be a disaster. I personally think Mario could be golden there.

I think most would agree that Mario is at his best when he is playing up top leading the line. That is obviously where Aguero plays best as well. I don't think Mario is nearly as effective coming in off the left (where he was played for most of those games with Aguero). Mario doesn't necessarily have the physique for a natural 10 (Messi, Rooney), but I think he has the talent to excel there. His idol has always been Ibra and that is Ibra's game. He can score gobs of goals but he can also create for his strike partner from the hole. I think Mario has the potential (assuming he gets his head straight) to do the same thing. The very best out there often have the ability to do both (Ibra, Rooney) and I think Mario is in their league.

I personally would get rid of Tevez. I don't think he deserves to play on the team. If we land Hazard, I wouldn't add another striker at all. Let Hazard play in the hole and get a proper winger (Bale or the much cheaper Belhanda). If we don't get Hazard, still get a winger and replace Tevez with a striker (my choice would be Falcao).

With a true winger we can open up Dzeko's game, if we get Hazard, we have a natural player to play behind Aguero and if we don't get Hazard we have at least two options to play the number 10 (Mario and Belhanda).

Anyway...Bobby hasn't ever taken my advice...so I expect we will sell Dzeko and get RVP.

-- Mon May 28, 2012 11:43 am --

blueyorkie said:
wahooblue said:
We can go back and forth with stats all you want. Those 13 goals...5 were from the Norwich game. 1 was from the QPR game after Tevez had been subbed and would not have happened without Mario.

Bottom line. The three most important games of our season the partnership was shut out. Not trying to start a fight. I just hate the fucker, and don't rate him nearly as much as most.

When Tevez came back into the starting line up we won 6 games on the spin under extreme pressure. If Tevez fully commits and has a good pre season they could be a formidable partnership next time round.
\

Can't really attribute that to Tevez. Its a logical fallacy. You can also say since Bobby dropped Richards we won x number of games in a row. Yes we won six games with Tevez but in the last three he had little impact. In the end, the most important two goals of our season were scored when he was on the bench by Dzeko and a combination of Mario/Aguero (yes I think Mario deserves just as much credit as Aguero--his poke to Aguero was just as impressive as Aguero's amazing strike). I personally was over the moon that the three strikers that got us to the point of winning the league were the ones that saw us through in the end (while Tevez had his feet propped up).

BBC1.
Hope Levy is watching this.<br /><br />-- Mon May 28, 2012 7:46 pm --<br /><br />I'm signing for the champion's league winner.

Eden hazard hazardeden10

@

8:41pm - 28 May 12 via web

Any striker talk doesn't really excite me since we have many good ones that all sound like they want to stay.

Need someone who will give us width.

Cobwebcat said:
Andouble said:
Any striker talk doesn't really excite me since we have many good ones that all sound like they want to stay.

Need someone who will give us width.

Bale

Indeed. Would be a tough one, though.

If Spurs want Adebayor then maybe we could get Bale.

Bale would offer us pace and something different to what we have now.

Kompany is King said:
If Spurs want Adebayor then maybe we could get Bale.

Bale would offer us pace and something different to what we have now.
Someone on here stated the other day that the world is awash with top class wingers. I'd hope for a bit more than bale tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.