It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he'd come to us but we have to want him and be willing to pay big money for him. No real indications we're even after him so it might be Chelsea or PSG for him.

LoveCity said:
Of course he'd come to us but we have to want him and be willing to pay big money for him. No real indications we're even after him so it might be Chelsea or PSG for him.
I think athletico madrid is too up and down and the wrong club for him. Why haven't real madrid or barcelona gone for him? Hope chelsea don't get him!

bluemcr said:
LoveCity said:
I think athletico madrid is too up and down and the wrong club for him. Why haven't real madrid or barcelona gone for him? Hope chelsea don't get him!

Atletico won't sell to Real under any circumstances or else I think they would go for him. Falcao would be a great fit at Barca but they have Messi who dominates the forward role and don't need a £40million range alternative for him. Even David Villa, who is a world class centre forward, plays on the left for Barca most of the time.

Only realistic options for Falcao this window would be us, Chelsea, or PSG I think. His price tag is very high and his wages will be fairly high (too high for a team like Spurs I think). So it's possible he might not even move at all if none of those teams make an offer for him (latest is that PSG are hijacking Chelsea's move for Hulk).

Very true, to be honest i wouldn't bring in star studdded talent think you can have too much which is probably a mad thing to say. I reckon up and coming talent that mancini can develop is better. I mean if tevez or silva went then lets go get the best. At the end of the day we look a very solid team in the prem almost unbeatable but we just need to improve our attitude in the champions league with vinny at the helm how can we not!!

bluemcr said:
Very true, to be honest i wouldn't bring in star studdded talent think you can have too much which is probably a mad thing to say. I reckon up and coming talent that mancini can develop is better. I mean if tevez or silva went then lets go get the best. At the end of the day we look a very solid team in the prem almost unbeatable but we just need to improve our attitude in the champions league with vinny at the helm how can we not!!
Going off topic a bit, but there aren't any transfers we know about, I thought we were way too adventurous away from home in the Champions League last season. We did not need to go to Napoli and win, but that's what we set out to do. Seems we only have one way of playing. That might be a bit of a weakness when you are playing the very best teams like Bayern away. Chelsea, Utd have all tried before to shut up shop against these teams.

does anyone know if theres any truth in the rumour of Federico Peluso??? an 28 yr old Italian full back, cant see it myself, but just want the club to get something done!

Marvin said:
Going off topic a bit, but there aren't any transfers we know about, I thought we were way too adventurous away from home in the Champions League last season. We did not need to go to Napoli and win, but that's what we set out to do. Seems we only have one way of playing. That might be a bit of a weakness when you are playing the very best teams like Bayern away. Chelsea, Utd have all tried before to shut up shop against these teams.

I can imagine Mancini using a 3-5-2 in the Champions League next season, especially away from home, and signing Matias Rodriguez, Gareth Bale & Edinson Cavani (if we end up selling one of our current strikers) would fit in with these plans very nicely.

De Jong ready to see out Man City contract as talks over new deal stall
By Sportsmail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 22:00, 19 June 2012 | UPDATED: 22:00, 19 June 2012

Nigel de Jong has told Manchester City he is ready to see out his contract and leave for nothing next summer if they cannot agree new terms.

De Jong will be a free agent in 12 months having so far rejected City’s offer of more than £100,000 a week.

City have rejected Inter Milan’s offer of cash plus Andrea Ranocchia for Aleksandar Kolarov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.