It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
adrianr said:
Ovo said:
Pedro. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He would be superb. Blistering pace and a brilliant finisher. Just what we need. Width and pace in abundance.

Been a champion of Pedro on here myself, as have a few others. If they're insistent on replacing him with Cuenca (Apparently though Tello is now on his way out?) he would be far too good to pass up. He's not exactly clocking on either!

Is he with the national squad?

tilbz said:
Matin 'buster' Phillips? He is going to be the first £100million player

He retired due to being knackered! Must have been his blistering pace up and down the wings!

Martin John "Buster" Phillips (born 13 March 1976) is an English former professional footballer.
Phillips was born in Exeter and began his football career as a trainee with his local side Exeter City, turning professional in July 1994. He soon attracted the attention of higher division clubs and moved to Manchester City in November 1995 for a fee of £500,000. Upon signing Phillips, City manager Alan Ball predicted "Buster will be the first British £10 million pound player."[1] He struggled to establish himself at Maine Road and was loaned to Scunthorpe United in January 1998 and back to Exeter City in March 1998.
He left Maine Road in August 1998, moving to Portsmouth for a fee of £100,000. Again he struggled to establish himself and spent a month on loan to Bristol Rovers in February 1999. In August 2000 he returned to Devon, joining Plymouth Argyle in August 2000 for a fee of just £25,000.[2] He was released at the end of the 2003-04 season, after spending much of the season struggling with injuries.
He joined Torquay United on a free transfer in July 2004,[3] becoming one of a growing band of former Plymouth players signed by Leroy Rosenior, others including Craig Taylor, Brian McGlinchey, Martin Gritton and Matthew Villis.
In November 2006, the BBC linked him with a possible move back to Exeter City, by now a Conference National side,[4] but the move fell through and Phillips remained at Plainmoor. He failed to appear again for Torquay and in May 2007 it was announced that he had been forced to retire due to suffering chronic fatigue syndrome.[5

FantasyIreland said:
adrianr said:
Ovo said:
Pedro. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He would be superb. Blistering pace and a brilliant finisher. Just what we need. Width and pace in abundance.

Been a champion of Pedro on here myself, as have a few others. If they're insistent on replacing him with Cuenca (Apparently though Tello is now on his way out?) he would be far too good to pass up. He's not exactly clocking on either!

Is he with the national squad?

I believe so. Thought I think he saw out the season with a niggling injury or something? Maybe not up to full tilt yet. Maybe he's just out of favour with Del Bosque. Stranger things have happened with national sides.

tilbz said:
Parksidecity said:
i read it as not interested in falcao hunt - but interested in tranny rvp and bale

am i being dumb

I read it the same mate

Not being dumb, no. But that is not what he said. He said forget all of them (for now) essentially.

MCC said:
tilbz said:
Matin 'buster' Phillips? He is going to be the first £100million player

He retired due to being knackered! Must have been his blistering pace up and down the wings!

Martin John "Buster" Phillips (born 13 March 1976) is an English former professional footballer.
Phillips was born in Exeter and began his football career as a trainee with his local side Exeter City, turning professional in July 1994. He soon attracted the attention of higher division clubs and moved to Manchester City in November 1995 for a fee of £500,000. Upon signing Phillips, City manager Alan Ball predicted "Buster will be the first British £10 million pound player."[1] He struggled to establish himself at Maine Road and was loaned to Scunthorpe United in January 1998 and back to Exeter City in March 1998.
He left Maine Road in August 1998, moving to Portsmouth for a fee of £100,000. Again he struggled to establish himself and spent a month on loan to Bristol Rovers in February 1999. In August 2000 he returned to Devon, joining Plymouth Argyle in August 2000 for a fee of just £25,000.[2] He was released at the end of the 2003-04 season, after spending much of the season struggling with injuries.
He joined Torquay United on a free transfer in July 2004,[3] becoming one of a growing band of former Plymouth players signed by Leroy Rosenior, others including Craig Taylor, Brian McGlinchey, Martin Gritton and Matthew Villis.
In November 2006, the BBC linked him with a possible move back to Exeter City, by now a Conference National side,[4] but the move fell through and Phillips remained at Plainmoor. He failed to appear again for Torquay and in May 2007 it was announced that he had been forced to retire due to suffering chronic fatigue syndrome.[5

What so he never even made it to £1million

I love this thread. I keep going back to the kaboom and OMG. what would create that effect?
Everyone is expecting Bale & RVP to be looking to move. so no OMG there.
there are a few in La Liga who would be but despite the Argentinian connection I just cant see the kaboom of all kabooms with Messi.
Someone out of the blue.
If you could take one player out of another premiership team to improve ours who would it be? Maybe an Englishman to help our quota? Who in the England side would improve our team?
There are probably two but cant see the rug wearer making the move. I got the thought when I read we were supposedly after Skyrtel, maybe the right club but wrong player? Probably also against the age profile but could the England captain be tempted for a last hurrah with his hero manager gone?
Drop the England captain into our side as it is. NDJ may be unhappy but that would be one hell of a side and fuck me that would be one hell of a kaboom.

yeah I have just made it up but he is one player I think would step into the team without changing the way we play and improve the quality at both ends of the field. Ya Ya could also then play regularly in behind a front three.

sam-caddick said:
Craggers said:
If its a Real player then I'd love to see Coentrao at City.

He is a cheat mate, he spends half his time on the floor plus I still think Clichy at 7m compared to the 25m Real spent on Contrao can do a brilliant job at left back.

With Tolmie ruling a load of big players out except for 1, I am presuming we are signing Messi??

Dreaming too much??

Dreaming...I think so...but it is basically what TH said, unless he rates somebody as better than Ronaldo who is not Messi, which I think is unlikely.

Edit: Read TH's recent. Iniesta then. Not how I would spend the Sheik's money but that is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.