It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ireland_for_pm said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
It would be a shame if de Jong left, he seems an integral part of that dressing room even though he's an average player now. Which pains me to say because he's a city legend as far as I'm concerned. Just don't think he's good enough anymore though.

If you think De Jong is average then you are one of the following:

A) About 11 years old and play football manager.
B) Never been to a city game.

Or are you both?

De Jong is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and a top bloke.

Pay him what he wants as he is integral to our squad.
Don't play football manager and I've had a season ticket for 15 years now so it's fair to say I've been to a city game. Yes the united and Newcastle games he was important. Barry reads the game very well and I think can break the play up better than de Jong at the moment. If we want to free yaya up then a de Rossi/martinez type player would be best suited. Not a player that passes side ways with 5 yard passes.

Just remind us all on,ref the QPR game !!!! Have you completely forgotten the marvellous pass to David Silva out on the wing,who then passed to Zaba,who in turn got a corner kick,resulting in Edin making it 2-2.
Selective memory loss mate if you think he can only make a five yard pass and that wasn`t the only time last season.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
LoveCity said:
Are the Euros relevant, we signed Silva during the World Cup. I think the "sell before we buy" theory might be true... looks like we're getting somewhere in selling Kolo, Weiss, De Jong, and possibly Kolarov.
It would be a shame if de Jong left, he seems an integral part of that dressing room even though he's an average player now. Which pains me to say because he's a city legend as far as I'm concerned. Just don't think he's good enough anymore though.

Or are you both?

14 games in the premiership played last season says otherwise and he played 10 games in Europe and look where that got us....good player and would rather have him within the squad than out but if ever there was an overrated player at city its de jong!

Ireland_for_pm said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

Or are you both?

Don't play football manager and I've had a season ticket for 15 years now so it's fair to say I've been to a city game. Yes the united and Newcastle games he was important. Barry reads the game very well and I think can break the play up better than de Jong at the moment. If we want to free yaya up then a de Rossi/martinez type player would be best suited. Not a player that passes side ways with 5 yard passes.

you need to look again, de jong was instrumental in the goals against Newcastle away and the last game against QPR. most of the time he is the defensive cover that allows the flair players to do their job.

leewill31 said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

Or are you both?

14 games in the premiership played last season says otherwise and he played 10 games in Europe and look where that got us....good player and would rather have him within the squad than out but if ever there was an overrated player at city its de jong!

it`s all about opinions and in my opinion your wrong. de jong has been great for us, i actually think he`s underrated because of his discipline. when we needed him in a more advanced role as against Newcastle and QPR he helped set up the 2 against the geordies and at least the last against QPR

oakiecokie said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

Or are you both?

Just remind us all on,ref the QPR game !!!! Have you completely forgotten the marvellous pass to David Silva out on the wing,who then passed to Zaba,who in turn got a corner kick,resulting in Edin making it 2-2.
Selective memory loss mate if you think he can only make a five yard pass and that wasn`t the only time last season.

Why did he make another one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.