It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young said:
Damanino said:
Selling AJ for 15m, buying Jarvis for 6m, I'm OK with it. We cant sign only starter players, weed bench players too, Jarvis is a good crosser, not world beater but if he would be world beater he would come to start every match.
Wouldn't even be an improvement on AJ.

i rate jarvis much higher than AJ, so for me yes, it would be a fantastic deal if the above were to happen

mancityscot said:
Young said:
Damanino said:
Selling AJ for 15m, buying Jarvis for 6m, I'm OK with it. We cant sign only starter players, weed bench players too, Jarvis is a good crosser, not world beater but if he would be world beater he would come to start every match.
Wouldn't even be an improvement on AJ.

i rate jarvis much higher than AJ, so for me yes, it would be a fantastic deal if the above were to happen

AJ is a good player but running wise he doesn't look athletic like now Jarvis does and would do a job as back up player

If not for FFP we'd probably already have or be close to having Thiago Silva or Javi Martinez this window. As it is, Silva signs a new deal at Milan and Martinez... well who knows what's going on there, I don't think we're out of the race yet as no one has offered what Bilbao want.

If we're after a centre half then I'd be very tempted to offer big money for Bonucci. Outstanding in the Euro's.

Crunchsports reporting. Anyone know if they are reliable for transfer info. Lots of quotes...

Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez, who has been linked with a number of clubs including Barcelona and Manchester City, will only be allowed to leave the club this summer for €40million.

Martinez, who has also been linked with Manchester United, is thought to be high on Barcelona's list of summer transfer targets, while Premier League champions Man City have shown interest, as have Bayern Munich.

But Athletic Bilbao president Josu Urrutia has warned clubs showing interest in the 23-year-old that he will not allow the Spain international to leave the Estadio San Mames on the cheap.

"If someone wants to take Javi Martinez, they will have to pay what the release clause in his contract says," Urrutia told reporters.

"For a player to leave Athletic, he must first come to us and say that he wants to go.

"Then, a club must match his release clause.

"If a club is willing to pay, but the player wants to stay, then he will stay.

"We are not a selling club."

Kompany is King said:
Crunchsports reporting. Anyone know if they are reliable for transfer info. Lots of quotes...

Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez, who has been linked with a number of clubs including Barcelona and Manchester City, will only be allowed to leave the club this summer for €40million.

Martinez, who has also been linked with Manchester United, is thought to be high on Barcelona's list of summer transfer targets, while Premier League champions Man City have shown interest, as have Bayern Munich.

But Athletic Bilbao president Josu Urrutia has warned clubs showing interest in the 23-year-old that he will not allow the Spain international to leave the Estadio San Mames on the cheap.

"If someone wants to take Javi Martinez, they will have to pay what the release clause in his contract says," Urrutia told reporters.

"For a player to leave Athletic, he must first come to us and say that he wants to go.

Thought his release clause was around 30m

waspish said:
Kompany is King said:

Thought his release clause was around 30m
think its 40 mil euro 32-34 mil pound?

LoveCity said:
If not for FFP we'd probably already have or be close to having Thiago Silva or Javi Martinez this window. As it is, Silva signs a new deal at Milan and Martinez... well who knows what's going on there, I don't think we're out of the race yet as no one has offered what Bilbao want.

I don't think us not spending is anything to do with FFP. It hasn't stopped PSG or Chelsea and I think there are ways round it.

Either we don't want to pay whats being asked for certain players or Mancini doesn't want them. I think our owners are rich but don't want to waste money. City are at the top of the league so targets become harder to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.